Help with Ft Lauderdale Hotel

SANDY BEACH

Has anyone used this hotel before a cruise? I'm told it's on a great beach and is a fantastic property. Price is about $245 night -- a bit high, but if it's worth it as it's a nice property we will pay. I think Pier 66 goes for this also.

What does everyone think?

Lois

We got a good rate at the Hyatt Pier 66 through our T.A. It's a great hotel and you can look out on the ships in the harbor. Our lanai room was very spacious, the restaurant was very good and the HAL representative was there the night before to take care of pre-cruise details. The bus picked up all the HAL passengers at noon for the short trip to the ship. It couldn't have been easier.

I say if you're splurging for the cruise, why not stay at a classy hotel too. In any case have a wonderful cruise!

I've heard that it gets crazy at any of the cruise hotels on the morning leaving for the ship. Is that true. If that's the case, what hotels would be good alternatives to the regular cruise hotels that would be an inexpensive cab ride to the pier?

Most hotels in the downtown and beach zones are very close to the pier. I stayed at the Marriott Hotel and Marina last year, which has a free shuttle, it wasn't more than a 10 minute ride. We sailed on a Monday, so we were the only ones on the shuttle. The Hyatt Regency Pier 66 is also very along with many other hotels in the area. Everything in Ft. Lauderdale is very close to both the airport and the pier, you should be fine anywhere you stay. Shouldn't be more than a $10 - $15 cab ride.

Archived