Help with Ft Lauderdale Hotel

SANDY BEACH

Looking for a clean, moderate priced hotel near cruise port. Embassy is booked so forget that one. I always hate to book a place without a recommendation so I need your help. We are traveling by auto so free parking would be a plus.

We've stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 several times and love it there.

Speak with your TA about PreCruise package rates available for HAL passengers, I think you'll enjoy your stay there...........and its only minutes from Port Everglades.

Hyatt Pier 66 is a wonderful hotel and we have enjoyed a great many stays there.

Be advised that parking at this hotel is very, very costly and the room rate (if booked through HAL) is not inexpensive. Some folks have gotten good rates for Lanai rooms at this hotel through Priceline and such but parking the car would still cost alot.

For our last three cruises out of FLL, we stayed at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood and have been very pleased w/the accommodations. It's a newer hotel, w/i walking distance to several nice restaurants, no charge for parking, a very short drive to the port, reasonable rates. We prefer the convenience of parking at the port's enclosed garage; however, this LaQuinta offers a Park/Sleep/Cruise package that includes one night's lodging in a king mini-suite, up to 14 days of parking while on the cruise, transfer from hotel to Port Everglades, comp. breakfast. The rates on their website for the package as of this past Feb. were: $89.00 Apr. 25-Dec. 31/$139.00 Jan. 1-Apr. 24. They told me the Port does not permit their shuttle to come back in for pickups, so a taxi would have to be used for transp. back to the hotel at a cost of approx. $10. The website for FLL hotel participants in the Park/Sleep/Cruise & Fly/Sleep/Cruise program is: www.parksleepfly.com/subpages/hotel.

We've been successful with Priceline and have stayed at the Renaissance, Marriott Marina and Embassy Suites at excellent prices. We've also stayed at the AmeriSuites, which is reasonably priced. AmeriSuites is in a great location and the people were friendly. This is your standard 2-star hotel.

:)

Before trying priceline, I would stay at the Comfort Inn on Sterling Road in Hollywood, Florida. This is a typical Comfort Inn, clean, nice, nothing lavish. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the pier the next day and a free breakfast buffet. A good spot for a one-night stay.

Then I tried priceline last year. I bid 3 * downtown Ft. Lauderdale and received the Marriott Hotel and Marina for $52, couldn't go wrong with that.

If you would like to try priceline, please read these two web sites before you try it. Be aware that if your bid is accepted, you won't know which hotel you will be awarded, your charge card is charged immediately and you cannot cancel or change your reservation. Yes, its a gamble, but for me its worked out well. I am bidding for my March hotel reservations now, I have been rejected, but its early on. Here are the web sites you should read before bidding: http://www.biddingfortravel.com and http://www.biddingforfun.com there is also a hotel site here on the boards and very helpful people there.

Hope this helps and good luck if you try priceline. Yes, I was leary like you probably are, but my fears were put to rest and I swear by priceline now.

My wife and I are leaving on the Volendam Dec 26th for the New Year's cruise. Hotels are very expensive in Ft Lauderdale during the holidays!:eek:

I just got a rate of $139 on priceline for a 4* Ft Lauderdale Beach area hotel. We ended up at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 for that rate. You may be able to do better, but I thought that was a great rate for the holiday season. Travelocity, and the other hotel sites wanted over $200 for this hotel.

Good luck! Kel

kelmac-

That is a great rate, especially for the holidays. We like Pier 66 and would have a hard time choosing something different. We have stayed at other hotels in the area, but we still go back to Pier 66.

A few years ago we stayed at the AmeriSuites (holidays, everything booked fast) and didn't care for it at all. The elevators are small, it was difficult to get the luggage to the rooms, no porters or bellhops available and we ended up having rooms on two different floors (kids had their own), boy what a pain. Also, our cruise left Saturday morning - same as Grand Princess. We ended up waiting hours for the hotel shuttle, we couldn't even get a cab.

Last time we stayed at the Pier 66, they shuttled us (just our family) directly to the ship in the hotel's Ford Excursion, no charge. It was a first for us, really nice. I've read other posts indicating this can't be - but they did. Not sure we could get them to do so again, but you may want to try.

We did Priceline.com for $40 and got the Amerisuites and was well pleased with the room, the pool and the wonderfull mulit stocked free breakfast buffet. They have a free shuttle to take you to the port but we choose the

$5 cab to beat the crowd. And they allow you free parking of your car if you stay one night precruise. That alone saved us $70. So when you add the savings on breakfast and the car parking I'd say we stayed for free.

We too are looking for a hotel. We'll be arriving mid-morning on Sat., April 9 (day before our cruise). We'd like a fantastic hotel with something to do on our full day before we leave. It would be nice if we could walk, or water taxi to someplace to keep us occupied for awhile.

I know Pier 66 is highly recommended but the best rate we can get so far is $245 plus taxes. We were hoping for something more around the $150-$200 price range. Is it worth the difference? What others can you suggest.

We will probably take a taxi from airport to hotel, and a private taxi to the cruise port on Sunday morning -- that seems easiest.

What are the suggestions everyone would have for us. This is a first time for us in this port and only our 2nd cruise.

Thanks,

Lois

Check the Marriott Hotel and Marina, not sure what their standard price is, but if you aren't interested in doing priceline, check their web site. The Hyatt Regency Pier 66 is truly a beautiful hotel, you won't be disappointed there.

Also cruising on the Volendam 12/26. I just booked at the Hampton in for 12/25. Stayed there in Dec and it was really nice.

$71 & tax

Free pick-up at the airport

Free shuttle to cruise dock

Free hot breakfast.

Hotel looks brand new and rooms are great.

http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=BY5LHR0RDPMYACSGBIYMVCQKIYFCXUUC?ctyhocn=FLLPTHX

Go to Hotwire, check downtown ft lauderdale. The hotel with three and a half stars is embassy suites. the hotel with 2 stars is amerisuites. they will both have a big S in front of them so you know which is which:)

Sandy Beach,

Just booked a room at the Wyndham. They have a Park/Sleep/Fly (cruise) package.

It was $99.00 and free parking for up to 2-weeks. Also if you sign up on their website for the Wyndham rewards program(free)you get free stuff in your room upon arrival. wine, soft drinks,cheese creckers etc. We have enjoyed staying at Wyndham Hotels in the past.

Dave

Check the Cruise Critic hotel message board. Cruise discussions>Hotels. Lots of ideas for Fort Lauderdale. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Jan. Nice basic comfortable room, free shuttle to/from airport and to ship, free basic continental breakfast, helpful & pleasant people at front desk, eating places nearby (we just had pizza delivered). Post cruise we stayed at the Hyatt 66 which we got on priceline for $80.

Yes, Canadians can use priceline, but there is a catch to it with the zip code. I am not sure what it is, but I am sure there is someone here who can answer your question.

Archived