Which Bear Excursion???

snausman

Which bear excursion would you do and why??? Will be in Alaska the end of Alaska.

Pack Creek with Butch at Alaska Fly n Fish.

OR

Traitors Cove in Ketchikan. (not sure yet with whom trying for Southeast)

I need to decide today!!!!!

THanks for the help.

Laura

You need to contact the venders and inquire of their sighting stats for your timeframe. If equal, it would be Pack Creek for me, well over Traitors Cove. http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...refuge.pack_ck

Peak at Pack Creek is until 8-25, when would you be going???

You need to contact the venders and inquire of their sighting stats for your timeframe. If equal, it would be Pack Creek for me, well over Traitors Cove. http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...refuge.pack_ck

Peak at Pack Creek is until 8-25, when would you be going???

Budget Queen you are always so sweet to all of us first timers. Thank you for always taking the time.

We will be in Juneau on Aug 31 from 8am till 8:45pm, think of doing Butch's tour then Capt. Larry's whale watching. Butches office is close till this afternoon. THey took some time off so waiting for them to open.

We will be in Ketchikan on Sept. 1 from 2pm till 9:30. Trying to go thru Jim at Southeast. He is trying to find a spot for us.

So which one do you think???

Laura

We flew with Butch to pack creek on May 31st and had a great time. He is awesome!!! They will tell you heads up what to expect and are very realistic with letting you know what they believe the odds of seeing bears are. Almost everyone online told me in May I wouldn't see bears but Butch and his wife Sara said that time of year, they see them every day. We were only in the air maybe 25 minutes before we started spotting them and by the time we landed we were able to observe several for over 2 hours.

Since all of you were so helpful on what to do, I thought it would only be nice to tell you all what our day in Juneau will look like.

9:00am - 12:00pm Capt. Larry's Whale watch

12:30pm - 2:00pm Lunch at Twisted Fish

2:30pm - 5:30pm Alaska Fly N Fish with Butch and Sara.

Called Sara at Alaska Fly N Fish on what the sighting will be like at that time of year, she was very honest with me and said the peak season is over on Aug. 26 but the bears sometimes donot get told this so they stick around till the fish are gone, both the ones going up the river and the dead ones coming down the river.

Lacy at Orca (Capt Larry's) arranged this all for me. She will even have taxi's waiting to take my mother and I to lunch then on to the airport. And from the airport back to the dockl. Lacy, ROCKS!!!! She took all the time in the world with me to help set this whole thing up. Thank you Lacy. (My way of thanking her is to take her to lunch with us at Twisted Fish, which she loves).

Laura

For a little time longer.. you can see all the Bears you want live on the internet from McNeil River Falls till the end of the month.. you need a broadband connection and the real player plugin for your browser,

but all in all the images are wonderful

Live web cam of the bears waiting patiently for fresh salmon.

Jim

Archived