RR Depot to Seward Port?

laura1960

Hi,

We're arriving Aug. 5 in Seward for a cruise on Summit - we're taking the Alaska Railroad down from Anchorage.

Once we get to the railroad depot in Seward, how do we make our way to the pier? I'm thinking we might like to go to the Alaska SeaLife Center. Is there a place at the depot where we can store our luggage, or should we go down to the pier, check our luggage, and then go back to the SeaLife Center?

Thanks,

Laura

If you pack extremely light and have quality rolling bags, you could walk. Otherwise take a $5 cab direct to the ship for the bag drop off. Then use the cab to go back downtown. But also consider the top attraction here- Kenai fjords. Fits nicely with the Alaska RR, Alaska Heritage tours, picks up at the depot, stores your bags and shuttles you to the ship after your tour.

A must do for varied wildlife and close up extended glacier viewing. Way superior compared to your cruise ship.

Thanks Budget Queen - I knew you would be of assistance. Actually, I was thinking of the kenai fjords cruise - it's just a matter of convincing DH to go on a cruise before a cruise!

I see what you mean about the wildlife, though.

Thanks,

Laura

Archived