Goff's Caye

pazandak63

• 3 weeks later...

Take the tender into the 'compound'-oops I mean tourist village- and then look for a tour operator that goes there. I think we paid about $70 total when we went in Jan.05. Ask when they will be going;waiting for the boat to fill or...??? The boat that took us there, returned us right to the ship;I though that was neat as we did not want to go back to the 'village'. We really liked Goff's Caye!!

Bye for now!

Sorry I have no idea about the name of the Goff's Caye tour operator that we used. All I can remember is that it was along the waterfront(obviously!lol) not far from where we disembarked the Carnival tender. Their 'stand' was right on the main walkway close to the water. There were quite a few people standing around paying/waiting for the excursion to start and I chatted with a couple who were going.

Remember to find out how many people they are waiting for before the excursion will go. Also make sure that you WILL get on the boat once you pay; as I have a feeling that when we went, a few people were left on the dock as the boat all of a sudden filled up past capacity. Perhaps they had to wait for another boat...??or maybe they squeezed them in.

Hi Brenda! I forgot that you did this tour! Do you have you pic's published from it anywhere on the world wide web?

SO....you are saying that Dixie and I should just wing it? I see you are returning on Jan 7th, '07...make sure you get the name of that operator for us..

PYSO...

Karyn

Karyn, Yes I think the two of you could just wing it! I will try and send to your home email a couple of photos we took on Goff's Caye. Lovely white ,soft sand and you can do some snorkeling right from shore also! Definitely a relaxing excursion-took about ?25 min.boat ride from Bel.City to the Caye, ? about 45 min. snorkeling(or more..?)from the boat back to shore, and once on shore we had at least 1 and a half hours on the beach and then they took us right back to the ship(??about 15 min.boatride) for a total of about 3 hour excursion total time. That is from what Rick and I can remember!

PYSO LOL LOL!!!

I will be checking to see what you are doing at Roatan!!

we did geoffs cays last year, we booked thru the cruise line, they promised snorkling and a beach break, but the water was too rough so they only did the beach? break. geoff's cays is no bigger than a football field. rocky no sandy beach, a small store and two guys cooking chicken in a metal drum. the beach is rocky and to say the least we were very unhappy just my opinion tho good luck

There was plenty of sand there just last Thursday (September 7, 2006).

Goff's Caye sits right on top of the main reef. One one side of the small island there is dead coral that is rocky. But there was plenty of sand on both sides of the island and a fairly long (200 foot) penninsula of white powdery sand by the place where the boat docked.

We took the ship snorkel tour offered on Carnival. The water was a bit murky with strong currents, but we snorkeled off the boat for about 45 mins before getting an hour on the island.

We really enjoyed it.

Archived