Santorini guide

Hello,

we just returned from our trip and spent the day in Santorini on our own. The island is not large and we rented a motor scooter and toured all around on our own, it was a GREAT day! It's not possible to get lost, you just look for water. We really enjoyed Oia, and went down to the Bay of Alhumbra below Oia for very fresh fish caught the nite before. I'm not adventurous, but I did try Octopus, it was interesting.

Enjoy,

Beth

Those of you who have been there before - please give me some advice. Everyone says the shopping is great but no one has indicated what they have bought???? Also should one shop in Oia or Fira (or both)????

Also, is jewelry cheaper on the mainland - in Athens, than on the islands?

Since scooters are out, as my dh can not even ride a bike (no balance) is the next best thing to do ...hire a guide, or can we do this on our own. Need advice which way to go, and if a tour operator, which one is really legimate. Thanks

Make sure you bring a copy of the agreed prices. We booked him in May. He did an excellent job and we were very pleased with the tour. There were 11 of us in total. He put four of us in contact with the other 7. Each of us paid a different deposit and when we paid him on the tour our total price was 50 euro more than what he had quoted us. Santori is beautiful. He brought us to a delightful restaurant right on the water for a wonderful Greek luncheon.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived