which side is the best?

abbypa

hi everyone. i was wondering if any of you expert cruisers can answer this question. my family and i are going on the mariner in jan 2007. we have cabin 9322. according to the deck plans we are in the right side of the ship. is this a good place on the ship? will we see alot more than if we were on other side? im a novice so please forgive for not knowing the ship language. thank you:confused:

It does not matter what side of the ship you are on. Sometimes they back into port, other times they go in forward. Either side will provide you pretty much they same view and there is no way to pick a 'better side'.

Which itinerary? We just did the Eastern Itinerary. If what FitzLA said is true, then we got "unlucky". We were on the right side of the ship (as you face forward). The only nights we had sunset views from our balcony were the nights heading toward St. Marteen. On the way back (sea nights all of them), the sunsets were on the other side of the ship. Also, the views while docked at St Thomas were better on the other side of the ship and definitely while docked at St. Marteen. At St. Marteen, we had a view of shipping containers on a dock while the other side had views of the harbor and the town, very nice views.

But again, if there is a chance that the ship will back into port vs. pulling in forward (like it did for us), then it's a crap shoot. I'd still take the left side of the ship though.

We are booked on the starboard side of the ship, never had that before, we had no choice, but I got curious. So I looked at our itinerary and the direction the FOS takes for the western caribbean and lo and behold, the entire time, we are circling Cuba! I guess we'll have a great view of that nation. Hi Fidel!

We had 8320 and had wonderful views. Personally we prefer starboard but that is only our preference, we have also sailed portside. As long as you are mid ship you will be fine...Enjoy, The Mariner is our favorite and we will be sailing her in Dec for the 3rd time...Later, Jill:cool:

Archived