Cabin allocation, meals and dress

Hi folks,

New member...been on one cruise (the cheapest Med cruise available, small ship, but really enjoyed it).

So, we are now moving up a touch in the cruise stakes and I have a few questions.

We are travelling on EOS (hope that means Explorer!) in November and having looked through the forums I noticed many people already have cabin allocation, I thought this would be done at the port?

We are flying with Virgin, and there is nothing on my details about a cabin number, it just says cabin DA to D6. Anybody have a clue what this means?

Also there appears to be the same thing happening with the meal allocations, some people already with early or late sitting, any help why,how?

Lastly, and this may seem like a really dumb question but, hey I'm new to this, so...is it possible to rent a tux actually on board ship?

We are travelling from England and I fully expect most of my clothes to look like they've been run over by a herd of rampaging buffalo, and yes, you can iron a shirt, but what do you do with a tux???

Any help appreciated.

Good questions.. You must have booked a balcony guarantee a D cat. So that means your cabin will not be assigned to you until close to sailing or at the pier. You will get at least the min cabin, may not be the most desired location, bow/stern or elevator.. but you also might be upgraded to the most desirable balcony available.. It will be fine,you are on the ship.

Tux, Yes you can rent a tux on board. Go to the RCCL homepage and there is a link to Tuxedo rental for your sailing. Get all your sizes and send them with the online booking. They will provide you with two shirts, one for each formal night as well.

Meals, you should arrange a seating preference for your cruise now tho and not wait until sailing. That should be able to be done by Customer Service if not by doing it online with your booking number.

Get your paper work filled in online and register for the Mix and Mingle party and start posting to others about what you'll do..

Know you will have a great time as we always have and welcome..

LRSkier

Sounds like you have a cabin guarantee, which means that you will get a cabin in that particular class, but not any particular cabin. Many choose this as they do not have a preference as to where on the ship their cabin is, and there is an outside chance of a category upgrade. You will find your cabin number on check in. Since your cruise is in November, you still have time to change to a specific cabin if you like, just call RCI. This applies to your meal time as well, though with that, you can visit the Matre di' (sp?) when you board the ship and ask to have your table or seating changed. Again, a call to RCI can change your preference here.

Finally, you can rent a tux from RCI to have ready in your cabin. Check here for info on tux rentals.

If you don´t want to wait until onboard you can go to http://www.cruiselineformals.com

to rent a tuxedo. RCCL works with them and by doing this prior the cruise you can be sure to get the correct size. Onboard they might don´t have what you want. Your guarantee cabin can be assigned anytime from booking to check-in at the pier. Often it is assigned earlier and you can find out by doing the online guest information on RCCL´s website. If you have your RCCL Reservation number you can log in there and do the documentation and if your cabin is assigned it will be displayed there. (Note they can change it until check-in of course, so no guarantee). BTW I would highly recommend the online guest information as it speeds up the check in a lot because they already have all the information they need. Concerning dinner you should request with your TA (or with whomever you booked) your preferences i.e. early or late seating and table size. Even if it is not confirmed they have your preferences. After chck-in your dinner assignment is on your seapass card. Check it out and if you don´t like it see the maitre D to ask for a change.

Hi Buddy,

Greetings from sunny Va. Beach, Virginia. I was wandering what sailing you are booked on in Nov. ?The reason for asking is ,we are booked on Nov. 7th and already all the balcony cabins are booked. It sounds as though you have a guaranteed hold, so don't worry you'll be o.k. You are going to be amazed at the size and grandness of the ship. The voyager-class ships are awesome!! You'll find a lot of info about your sailing on the Meet& Mingle boards...check it out.

Have a great cruise! :) Happy Sails:o

Hi-C :rolleyes: :D

Hi Buddy

Greetings from Cambridge UK. We are also sailing on Explorer 27th November. We did the cheap med thing then went RCL Radiance (Vancounver to Hawaii, gorgeous ship) and have now stepped up to the big one and can't wait. You will love RCL. On last cruise we rented the tux booked it on line about 1 month before we sailed. It was delivered to the cabin 1 hour after we entered our cabin and the other half was delighted with it he also said the tux rental on board was much cheaper that Mos Bros back in Uk. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived