Not many highlights

SmokinActuary

No, there is not much there. But it makes for a very relaxing day! Island only has about 3000 people on it and less then 100 hotel rooms. But the cruiselines offer snorkeling, 4x4 safari, biking scuba, stingrays, horseback riding, and other things. So there are things to do. Also there is a Margaritaville if you like! Very nice stop I think!

Becky

Howdy,

Sorry this is my first post, but Grand Turk doesn't seem like it has many highlights as an port of call.

I am an experienced Caribbean travel, but never on a cruise.

What is your opinions?

Thanks in advance.

That is because, before Carnival built the pier there, the only real reason to go to Grand Turk was to scuba dive.

Thanks -

I guess I will be snorkeling off of Gibbs Cay

I just got back from Grand Turk and did the Gibbs Cay excursion with the stingrays. There was very little to see off of Gibbs Cay. There is another snorkeling excursion that drops you off a boat in the middle of the water that may provide a better snorkeling experience. I would pass on the Gibbs Cay excursion if you are looking for some good snorkeling.

We did the kayaking and snorkeling excursion and it was very enjoyable and relaxing. First they took us in a bus to kayak in glassbottom boats to a peaceful cove and then off to snorkel off the beach. There is a reef right off the beach that you don't even need to take a boat to. It was a very nice day. We decided that we'd love to go back and stay in one of the small hotels in the quaint little town and just relax. After our excursion we had time to hang around in the pool at Margaritaville and have a drink.

Shopping is not all set up yet and what they have is limited. You can find more variety on the ship.

We hope that Grand Turk never becomes over run by tourists as it is so quaint and the people living there are very friendly and love their close knit little island community.

Archived