carry ons

Louise45

If the bag in question can fit through the x-ray machines used at airports, it's small enough to carry on the ship. When you arrive at the pier, the luggage handlers will be able to tell you whether or not your bag is small enough to carry on.

Happy Sailing!!

Short answer, any one item must be small enough to go through the standard X-ray machine. However, you must be able to handle and control all of you items and the sometime.

The medical machine and a suit carrier sounds like a no brainier. But if he is also going to be dragging a bag or two, the picture changes.

My husband uses a CPAP also, and he carried that along with his regular carry-on onto the ship. I had my laptop case and a regular carry-on. If anything, the ship seemed more lenient with the amount of carry-ons than the airlines are... I saw some people on our Vision cruise carrying on three bags plus a purse. It all has to be inspected and put through the xray machines, of course.

Most airlines, in fact, don't consider medical equipment such as a CPAP as one of your carry-ons.

PS!!!! DEFINITELY bring an extension cord and power strip. I don't know about the ship you'll be on, but the RCL Vision of the Seas had one set of electrical sockets - where the mirror/vanity/TV stand was. There were no sockets near the bed at all... if I hadn't read that tip on this board, my husband would've been sleeping on the floor in front of the vanity!!! :)

As long as it will fit through an x-ray machine like they have at the airport, then you can carry on anything you want instead of checking it. The only caveat is that you will be standing in lines, going up and down escalators, etc. and, depending on when you get on the ship, you may not be able to go to your cabin at that time, so make sure that you can handle all that you decide to carry on.

Definitely keep the sleep apnea machine with you. I don't know how large it is, but if it is small enough to fit in a rolling carryon bag, you might want to do that so you don't have to actually carry it around the entire time.

Archived