Booze! Ever notice?

Rustyone

You are right Rusty; it is a good thing they don't drink much!

Last year, a large group of my aquaintences (including some of my friends/family) went on a Mexican cruise aboard one of the Norweigan ships and the policy with them is not to allow alcohol to be brought on board. Needless to say, several of them got creative and were bringing gin/vodka/rum aboard in water bottles from their shore excursions. Now, I am not saying that I condone this ;); but it worked!

In high school, I had an English teacher who said you can do what you want as long as you are willing to suffer the consequence of your actions.

With that said, if the "consequence" is having the liquor confiscated and returned at disemabarkation, no biggie. As long as your willing to accept this fate, I say go ahead and give it a whirl. Just don't complain or cause a fuss if they confiscate your goodies.

Exactly Fuzzyape (now there is something I wouldn't have guessed I would be saying tonight). Everyone knows (or should know) the rules when they sign up for a cruise vacation, you can't expect to be the only exception to that rule when it is enforced.

I agree completely, and would happily hand over anything they were to take from me to collect upon disembarkation (whether it was in its original container or not), but would also gratefully take aboard anything they generously "overlooked" or allowed.

I think it really depends on the employees working the embarkation area that day too, "rules" may get overlooked when they are not a true threat to security or ship safety (although this may depend on the cruise line).

This question is one of the top five far as I can tell. Never fails to amuse me. I bought my Doctor a fifth of Jamaica's finest and they snatched it before I got back onboard. I still get a kick out of people that spend several thousand dollars on a cruise and then try to sneak gin onboard in a mouthwash bottle. Gotta love em!

Archived