cruised on zuid

mazali

Hi,

We cruised on Zuiderdam and had a beautiful experience. However, I had made a huge stinky about their Rabbi for a "high holy day" for the Jewish passengers that attended. We as a family, were excited that there was a service for one of our holy days. I am not in the slightest religious...so I did not care much about celebrating at all....but my husband is and wants to set an example for the children. When we went for this evening I did not expect much. But what I was presented with, was like Micky Mouse embarrassing. This Rabbi that they used made my religion look like a tv show. Singing songs about Judiasm to the tunes of "Take me out to the ball game",,,,etc. He made a joke out of us....even the waiters were looking at each other like "what's up with that?" I did make a formal complaint and heard nothing back. It has been 4 months now. Has anyone here of any religion experienced a very watered down version of their faith during their cruise?

Thank you.

Has anyone here of any religion experienced a very watered down version of their faith during their cruise?

Never. I'm Roman Catholic, try to attend Sunday Mass while onboard, and go twice during the week for every Sunday service I miss. So that means I do have some experience in this matter. One of the thing I like about HAL is the fact I can attend services.

I'm so sorry that your experience was not what it should have been. I'm even sorrier that you feel HAL hasn't listened to you when you told them.

what is wsod?

Thanks for your replies. It is very sad. I am not a religious person at all. I was born episcopalian then adopted and grew up jewish. i am very spiritual however. The thing is, if we do subject our children to a religion, we would like it to be done properly. Not for someone to make a complete ass out of us. I did love the cruise and would go back, just not during a holy time.

what is wsod?

It stands for "white screen of death". I'm not sure how the problem came to be known by this appellation, but it fits beautifully.

Sometimes when we post the screen seems to get "hung up" then goes white and then---nothing happens! Arghhhh!!!!! If that happens and you hit "refresh" you do give it jump start, but you also get a duplicate post.

Mazali,

I am so sorry this happened to your family. We too are Catholic and have been blessed with every cruise a daily Mass. I really enjoy going to Mass on the ship as I work in downtown Los Angeles and can't go to daily Mass so it really makes my cruise extra special.

I hope you hear from HAL!

Kathy

Archived