Independt excursions & tendering???

galvezhome

I know alot of people do book indep excursions but how do you do it when you tender, because you dont get off the ship at a certain time, last time we tendered it took awhile. You really dont know exactly what time you'll be on the island. I really really want to go to rum point!!!! Thought about the grandcaymanexcursion.com - jeep excursion sounds really fun or nativeway but $70pp is alittle expensive with 3people. So then i thought about renting a car, to me that sounds alittle scary in a diferent country, driving on the other side, getting lost but it seems alot of people do i read.

Just want some help or feedback should i try to rent or book an excursion? 'Cause i really want to go to rum point- Thanks

Were going on the Conquest 8/27/06 Can we follow somebody to RP lol:p

I know alot of people do book indep excursions but how do you do it when you tender, because you dont get off the ship at a certain time, last time we tendered it took awhile. You really dont know exactly what time you'll be on the island. I really really want to go to rum point!!!! Thought about the grandcaymanexcursion.com - jeep excursion sounds really fun or nativeway but $70pp is alittle expensive with 3people. So then i thought about renting a car, to me that sounds alittle scary in a diferent country, driving on the other side, getting lost but it seems alot of people do i read.

Just want some help or feedback should i try to rent or book an excursion? 'Cause i really want to go to rum point- Thanks

Were going on the Conquest 8/27/06 Can we follow somebody to RP lol:p

We went with NativeWay in GC and had no problem at all getting where we needed to be in time. We were on Rhapsody, and they had first come, first served tendering from 7:00 till 7:45, giving those of us with independent excursions plenty of time get where we needed to be. It seemed that those with excursions booked thru the cruiseline had later start times and they were all meeting in various venues onboard the ship prior to their departure, so that meant there were relatively few people trying to get off the ship on those first tenders. Perhaps Conquest does the same with the first come first served tendering. After 7:45, you had to get a "ticket" and wait till your group is called.

Hi dukefamily!

Good to know about the Rhapsody early tendering, even for those who didn't book excursions thru the cruise line! We're going with Capt. Marvin's snorkeling excursion. Have read many good reviews on Capt. Marvin's.

Native Way is Wonderful !!!!!

You can fit in a Sting Ray Tour and get to Rum Point via boat instead of driving.

We got off our ship early .. we were on a tender boat ( Conquest ) 7:05 and waited until 8:15 am for Chris to get us, we walked a short distance to the shuttle, drove a few miles to the dock, got on the boat, rode out to the Reef, snorkeled a bit and then went to see the Rays. We then went to Rum Point for lunch.. I think we stayed there 2 hours. We were back in plenty of time to embark..

We had a fabulous time and I can't say enough about our trip... the guides were really, really great. Sting rays were cool, the boat ride was so fun.. saw a giant sea turtle, the food was great..

Chris and Soloman with Native Way - fabulous .. the nicest, sweetest guides.. so friendly and helpful.

I'm definitely going back.They took the time to point out sea turtles, iguanas, star fish and helped with the kids, got our lunch ordered perfectly.. it was just a wonderful time.

Not to mention, it was great that they were very concerned about the environment and living things.. taught the kids about being gentle and putting the stars back right away.. it was a dream day. If I could move there tomorrow, I would.. I loved it.

The ocean was a little choppy that day and we struggled to see the rays but throughout it all, Chris and Soloman were helpful and very friendly and fun. ( I would suggest life jackets for not so strong swimmers)

Rum Point is so beautiful - just like the Corona commercials,, the bluest most pretty water ever.

Grand Cayman is definitely my favorite port ever, clean, gorgeous, felt safe..

cruise2006036qb8.jpg

The independent tour operators know the normal cruise ship schedules. They are also aware of the tendering process. They encourage you to get off the ship early thus eliminating stragglers (which there will be no matter what). Also, if you ship changes schedule or must tender on the "other" side due to tides or rough seas, they will know that as well. It is their business to have happy & pleased customers. Word of mouth is how they keep their business growing.

Bon Voyage

Archived