Can someone clarify please Travelling companions and Diamond Club

Is there anyone who can clarify for me the rules with regard to travelling companion...in same cabin....and C & A perks while on the Freedom ?

As a Diamond member I know I can go into the Diamond club...my cabinmate is Gold member.....so will she be able to go into Diamond club with me? I dont want to break any rules or cause embarrassment so thought it best to ask here.

Thanks

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

What type of cabin are you in? If it's a grand suite or up she can go in with you. If it's a regular balcony the answer is "no".

However unless you have to show your card now and she goes in with you, my question would be - do they question each person that walks into the lounge? I'm certainly not advocating cheating, but it seems to me that common sense has to prevail. If you are sailing together in the same cabin why would she be kept out?

I can not allowing a group who are at different levels and travelling together but I certainly wouldn't understand a cabinmate.

I really do believe it is acceptable to have a cabin mate go to the lounge with you. I don't know that RCI has ever stated whether on not this is acceptable. I do know you can not bring friends with you who are in a different cabin. But the reason I think it's perfectly fine for a cabin mate to go with you is because when RCI has a senior rate in effect, both parties in the cabin get the lower rate - no matter the age of the traveling companion. It can by the senior's grandchild who is 10 years old and they will both travel at the reduced rate. That is a fact.

We're wondering the same thing for the welcome-back party. Do they check invitations? Can I bring a cabin-mate who is not a C&A member?

Last week on the Freedom they checked invitations at both the Welcome Back Party and the Platinum/Diamond/Diamond Plus Party. Both my husband and I needed the invitations.

As for the Diamond Club - it is separate from the Concierge Lounge on the Freedom. Having a suite would permit access to the Concierge Lounge on Deck 10. Being Diamond or Diamond Plus gives access to the Diamond Club on Deck 14. Dianna in the Diamond Club did not even want to provide Ice Show tickets to my husband and me for our 2 children since they are not (technically) Diamond members. They are both under 18 although they do have enough credits to qualify and they will be Diamond upon turning 18 years of age! So I doubt if a non-Diamond member would be permitted in the Diamond Club. This appeared to be monitored closely.

What have other Diamond members experienced with the Diamond Club on the Freedom? Actually, we like the fact it was closely monitored to avoid the crowding we have experienced in the Concierge Lounge on our last few cruises. We found the Diamond Club crowded only one time, on the last evening of the cruise!

While onboard the pre-inaugural sailing of Freedom, I asked if my Daughter-in-law, who is sharing the cabin with me in October, can accompany me to the Diamond Club. I was told NO - only diamond members are allowed. It seemed strange, but that is what the Loyalty Ambassador told me.

What I find a bittie strange is....say a DW and DH are cruising together....DW is Diamond member...and DH hasnt cruised before.....so would RCCI really expect the DW to go to the Diamond club on her own?.....no I think not....in this case I would say they would grant the DH the same perk...so why doesnt it apply to the cabinmate as there isnt a DW or DH ?

Geez I hope that made sense :D

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Liz, my daughter, who is a Diamond member, will be in the same stateroom as her husband, who has never cruised RCI. ( My daughter achieved her diamond status because she lived at home with us when she cruised.) According to the Loyalty Ambassador, her husband WILL be able to use the Diamond Club - and he will become Diamond as soon as he finishes this cruise! So, to answer your question, a husband or wife of a diamond member is given access to the lounge.

Also, the "concierge" in the "Concierge" lounge acts just like a concierge in the hotel. My understanding is that the Diamond Club is staffed by a Loyalty Ambassador, and not a "Concierge", so they may not be as accommodating as the "concierge". We've always had the concierge go out of his/her way to accommodate any requests we have - but he is getting tips for his service. I think the Loyalty Ambassador is a salaried position, and don't think they will be relying on tips as much. Just MHO.

Archived