Splendour of the Seas Question?

As of last November, when we last sailed on her, the Splendour didn't have one. If they have one now it has been added since then. I'm not aware of any of the Vision class ship having a Concierge Lounge. Certainly the Rhapsody doesn't since we just sailed on her.

Thanks Deep Water,

I think there is one Vision Class Ship that has a Concierge Lounge, I just can't remember which one it is. We sailed on the Splendour in January 2006 and it did not have the Lounge but I have read on these boards that they added it sometime in late spring early summmer. I was just trying to find out if in fact it had one. We are sailing on her again in January 2007.

Thanks,

Richard

I can't confirm it, but from what I've been reading the Concierge Lounge was added to the Splendour when she went into drydock this May. Someone who has sailed her this summer would be the best to tell you whether or not the Concierge Lounge has been added to Splendour.

I can't confirm it, but from what I've been reading the Concierge Lounge was added to the Splendour when she went into drydock this May. Someone who has sailed her this summer would be the best to tell you whether or not the Concierge Lounge has been added to Splendour.

Thanks wrp96,

I read the same thing and was hoping someone that has sailed on her recently would respond. I do hope they added the CL to the Splendour that would really be nice.

Richard

Concierge Lounge? A Lounge for just Concierge clients? I don't know much about RCL (obviously) but I didn't know they had Concierge rooms - I have stayed in them on Celebrity Ships. But no Concierge Lounges there!

I think the lounges are for those in suites - Grand Suites and above, not Junior Suites - and Crown and Anchor Diamond level members and above. Seems as thought there are two separate lounges on the Freedom - one for Suite passengers and one for the Diamond level and above sailors.

I found this post on the Meet & Mingle board for Splendour: :) We sail Oct. 1st, so I was also happy with this news.

May 17th, 2006, 07:09 AM

dege

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Jan 2003

Hello from the Splendour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're now on bord and are a few days into our cruise. It's been great so far. The bedding is wonderful, very plush and comfortable. As a bonus for diamond members and suites, they now have a concierge lounge. Very unexpected surprise for us! See you all next week at the pool bar.

Just off the Splendour (July 30 - Aug 6). Yes they have a Concierge Lounge and it is located on deck 7 midship port side, just a few steps from the Centrum elevators. On the map (see the link below) it is where the card room was. In fact, some of the wall decorations are from the card room before the renovation (5/06). Angelo was an excellent host. He also works at the Pursur's desk so he is very helpful, too.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=CM&shipCode=SP&shipProfile=1072&sailDate=1060820&hasNavigation=false

Compared to the lounges on the Explorer class ships, this room is about 50% bigger and an entire wall is windows. For us a more enjoyable atmosphere. Even though there are no refrigerators, the room was always stocked during the posted open hours.

FYI - the internet cafe was just above on deck 8, so it is also a "hotspot" for you laptop users, too.

Seatravelers & cruising diva-

The Splendour does NOT have the specialty restaurants - Chops / Portofino's / Boleros / Johnny Rockets. It has managed to find a place for Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream though. It is also lacking in the self-leveling pool tables and a sports court (BBall, etc.)

The refurbishing was in 5/06 and included the Winjammer cafe, new beddings & suite improvements (seen on another post). I'm sure there was more. For more details about my cruise see the 7th reply to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=351169

or search posts by rmebob on Royal Caribbean

Seatravelers-I'm just a few miles away in Memphis!!

Here was the midship layout last week (7/30 - 8/6/06) on the Splendour:

Deck 4 - Centrum & Champagne Bar (art auctions were here, too)

Deck 5 - Port - Excursion Desk, Starboard - Purser's desk

Deck 6 - Port - Photo gallery, Sarboard - Ben & Jerry's, Seattle's Best Coffee & snacks for those who purchased ice cream or coffee

Deck 7 - Port - Concierge Lounge, Starboard - Library

Deck 8 - Port - Internet cafe, Starboard - RCCL Loyalty Ambassador (new bookings) and Card/Game room (always had plenty of room)

Bring on more questons while the memory is still fresh.

Sounds like they took the under used Crown & Anchor Lounge and converted it to the card room. I like this Centrum set up better than on the other Vision class ships I've sailed, even before the latest change. Having the Seattle's Best/Ben & Jerry's in its own space on deck 6 with places to sit is much nicer than where it is on the Rhapsody. Adding the Conceige Lounge really makes it a winner.

Archived