Island Princess Mini-Suite/non Balcony

cruisealot

Has anyone heard of mini-suites that do not have balconies? I was going to book a mini-suite on the Island Princess (Baja deck room 201) and discoveried it does not have a balcony. The TA I called did not mention the fact it did not have a balcony. I always assumed (I know what happens when we assume) if you have a mini-suite you will also have a balcony. Has anyone experienced this on other ships? On the Island Princess Baja rooms 201, 202, 203, and 204 all are suites without balconies. The suite is bigger because it takes up the space of the balcony, but I would really like a balcony.

I have moved on to a different TA after this incident.

Thanks for everyones help!

cruisealot

I have put a no upgrade notice on my booking just because of these cabins.

We have a balcony cabin booked and would hate to be "upgraded" to a mini suite if it was one without a balcony.

Kay

We had one of these minis for 1 night on a 15 night repo cruise in 2003.Our cabin had a pipe break which flooded the room and we were put in the nonbalcony mini as it was the only available cabin on the ship.It was larger than our regular mini but not as large as our Dolphin deck mini with the balcony included.If I remember correctly there are 12 of these on Island & Coral.

I've stayed in one of those minisuites while on a 10 day Panama Canal cruise on the Coral last year. I loved that cabin. The inside space is larger than any of the minisuites on the Coral/Island and the Grand class ships. The only ships with larger minisuites are the Sun Class. If the balcony space is really important to you, then by all means get one with a balcony. However, if the interior square footage is more important, then go for it.

We will be in a non-balcony mini-suite over New Years on the Coral. At the time we booked, there were no balconies available. It will be an adjustment for my hubby and me, we love having a balcony. However, our daughter will be sharing our cabin, and the extra room will be nice. I am sure we will still have a wonderful time on the cruise. As a plus....we have a Grand Suite w/balcony booked for our next cruise, so having one without shouldn't hurt too much!

Archived