Shuttle bus in Boston?

educator

Chessie68....

I believe we are on the same cruise.....I think I am going to cancel my car and take public transporation... You do not happen to know what a cab would cost each way? I see you have been doing a lot of research.

Yes Wendy, I think we are on the same cruise. I can't believe it is almost here.

Many people have said that it is hard driving around in Boston. They say the city is easy to navigate walking but you first have to get to it from the port. Someone said it is about a $10 to $15 cab ride depending on the traffic and where you want to be dropped off. We have no plans for Boston. We thought since we have only one sea day we might use our time in Boston to enjoy the ship and relax.

Info I glean is that the silver line is 35 cents for a senior. Visitor all day pass is $7.50 but it can't be bought until you get to So. Station, so it would still require the 35 cents. The other thing I think I am reading is that the Sr fare is only 35 cents for the subway rides. If that is right, there would have to be a LOT of trips to equal the $7.50!

If anyone gets something else, please let me know! (Hubby says it doesn't sound right. What am I missing????)

luvwater: the cost of taxi (cab) in the City of Boston is as follows:

Cab rates for Boston is as follows:

Starting meter is $2.25. Each additional 1/8 mile is $ .30

There are a few cabs; not many waiting for passengers who are coming the ship(s)

Happy Sailings!:)

Wakka.....

Thanks for the info.....So should I talk the Silverline to South Station.

We are trying to get to the Freedom Trail and Harvard. I know I can take the red line for Harvard but just not sure how to get to Freedom Trail. Any help is appreciated.

luvwater:

I would use silverline to South Station; but a cab would get you there in about 5mins. or less. As far as the Freedom trail I would choose one of the Get on/ Get Off Trolley companies. Olde Town Trolley,Beantown Trolley or City Tour which is a walking tour of Boston. With these trolley services you can get on & off as many times as you wish. which is at Long Wharf. The closes Freedom Trail site from Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is Old South Meeting House. The Silverline stops at 8PM to Black Falcon Cruise Terminal which should not be a problem. If you need further assistance don't hesistate to post.

Take care & Happy Sailings!:)

Okay, you need to hold my hand as you walk me through this. After debarkation at Black Falcon Pier, exactly where do I catch the Silverline bus? Do I need exact change? Where is South Station in relation to the aquarium? I want to get the hop on-hop off trolley there.

educator:Directions to Silverline Stop: Go through the terminal. Once outside stay on the same side as the terminal building. Depending on where ship is docked; take a left or right. The Silverline has a stop at either end of the terminal. The bus # you want is SL2 or SL3. Just inform the driver you're going to South Station, because if all the passeners are going to South Staion he'll skip most if not all of the stops. The amount, and if correct change is needed is something I can't answer. You can find more information, map routes etc. at www.mbta.com under the heading buses then Boston; then look for SL2, SL3.

The directions to the N.E. Aquarium is as follows:

1:Start out going NORTHEAST on SOUTH STA / ATLANTIC AVE toward SUMMER ST. Continue to follow ATLANTIC AVE.0.3 milesMapspace_white2:Turn RIGHT onto SEAPORT BLVD.<0.1 milesMapspace_white3:Turn LEFT onto ATLANTIC AVE.0.2 milesMapspace_white4:Turn RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST.<0.1 milesMap5:Turn LEFT onto CENTRAL WHRF / OLD ATLANTIC AVE.<0.1 milesMapspace_white6:End at New England Aquarium

Central Whrf, Boston, MA 02109, US Mapspace_whiteTotal Est. Time: 2 minutes Total Est. Distance: 0.69 miles

It is about a 5 minute walk. the Trolleys are located between Central & Long Wharf. I hope I've been some help.

Happy Sailings!

Wakka: thanks for this information but I do have another question. As I understand from reading somewhere that Beantown trolley will be there at the pier and then you can make arrangements whether you just want a shuttle on their trolley to downtown or you can also make arrangments for a get-on get-off. is that corrrect.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn;

I'm not 100% sure, but my understanding is that the cruiseline charters the trolleys. Once you leave the Terminal you can find a Beantown Trolley, or Olde Town Trolley sometimes both. It all depends how many land excursion that have been booked, and the number of cruiseships in port. I hope this helps.

Hi Marilyn;

I'm not 100% sure, but my understanding is that the cruiseline charters the trolleys. Once you leave the Terminal you can find a Beantown Trolley, or Olde Town Trolley sometimes both. It all depends how many land excursion that have been booked, and the number of cruiseships in port. I hope this helps.

Yes it does. Thanks

marilyn

Archived