No more liquor Kiosk ???

RedmondCruiser

Since no liquor can be sold to you from the onboard liquor shop, sales have dropped. Now with TSA requiring no liquids on the plane, this should put a BIG crimp in liquor sales. The only people who will buy liquor to take off the ship will be those who will drive home. Liquor Kiosks could become a thing of the past.

I'm sure you are correct! We usually buy a couple bottles of DH's favorite scotch and take back to SC because the "sin tax" on booze here makes it expensive (very!). That is about the only thing more expensive here then California! Won't be doing that on cruise in Sept unless there is a change between now & then. Fran

It probably will have a negative effect. But then again, people will still figure out how to smuggle liquor on board so they will probably have room in their suitcases to take some more home. Look for bubble wrap sales to go up.

Since no liquor can be sold to you from the onboard liquor shop, sales have dropped. Now with TSA requiring no liquids on the plane, this should put a BIG crimp in liquor sales. The only people who will buy liquor to take off the ship will be those who will drive home. Liquor Kiosks could become a thing of the past.
\

I thought that you could buy liquor to take home, but not consume on the ship. To take it home you would have to pack it in your luggage.

You can buy liquor on board the ship to take off.

If you are flying home you just check it in with the airline. If it is only a few bottles back it in your luggage that you check.

I have never seen anyone allowed to bring cases of booze into the cabin of a plane ever. It does not fit in the overhaed compartment anyways. Cases are placed in the belly of the plane.

I am sure the cruiselines are explaining this to passangers as we speak.

The only place you may not take liquids...gels....toothpaste and such is in the cabin of the airplane...

Archived