Malaga Car Rental

Hi Rowdy. Just saw your question on the other board. I can't help specifically with car rental in Malaga, since we didn't rent there. However, we DID rent in Nice from Budget and Europcar in Palma. Both experiences were very positive, with no problems. However, if you're comparing prices, you might want to add on about 20% to any prices you find for Europcar. They made us take insurance in Palma (Spain), even though I had a good credit card that supposedly would have covered insurance in Europe. I don't know if the compulsory insurance applies to all rentals in Spain or not, but just thought I'd mention it. Europcar seems to have places in all major cities in Europe, and since cruise ships dock pretty close to the center of Malaga, I would think you could find a rental place without too much trouble. I can't remember any places nearby, but I really wasn't looking, since we decided to take it easy that day and just explore Malaga instead of trying to go to the Alhambra or the beaches. I'd probably arrange something before you leave home, and keep in mind that some places in Europe are closed for a long lunch, or closed on Sundays, so make sure you find out if that's the case.

Cruise ships normally dock in the middle of the port, near the main street called the Paseo del Parque, if that helps any in locating nearby car rental places. If nothing else, I don't think it's not TOO terribly far to the train and bus stations, where there are often rental places. There were TONS of taxis in Malaga, so you could probably find one to take you where the car is.

Thanks Roothy123 and ToniL, I've made a reservation with EuropeCar in Livorno to drive north to Cinque Terre based on a reference from a co-worker, but that was before I discovered the wealth of information posted on this board and others....thanks for the tip on the extra (hidden costs) with EuropeCar and I'll also investigate Marbella Care Hire as well. Cathy. (not a rowdy readhead, but my horse is)!

Archived