Anybody used self debarkation on FOS or any other RCCI ship

Would like to get input from anybody who has sailed on the FOS or any other RCCI ship and carried your luggage off the ship. I am strongly considering this option as a result of an early flight and am wondering how the process worked. I have used this option on Carnival but not Royal Caribbean. On Carnival we kept our luggage in our cabin and the morning of debarkation we were instructed to muster in a particular location until we were called. At that point we simply picked up our luggage and walked off the ship. No customs, no delay, no hastle. Went directly to a taxi and to the airport. Is the process similiar on RCCI? Roughly what time were you off the ship?

We used it last week and it was very easy. After the ship has cleared customs, you can leave....normally around 7:45 AM. You still have to go through customs. The ship we sailed was the Sovereign. I'd do it again in a second.

It was a breeze! Kept the suitcases, packed at will, got up at 6am, walked out with rolling cases when they callled at 6:30am- made it from my 9th floor cabin, off the ship, through Customs/ Immigration and was pierside in less than 15 minutes. Longest wait was about 3 mins. for single elevator to carry us and suitcases down after Immigration... most time was spent walking. I guess we were about the 10th passengers off the ship, it was the best. I also did the AA checkin- we were the very first ones to do so that day- took about 3 minutes and worth its weight in GOLD for $5 each. We were worried that AA would not be there at 6:30 but their bright shiny faces greeted us politely and took those heavy cases with a smile, bless them. If you are ready, you can express disembark in 15 minutes, I am living proof- and it was great!

We had to do it for our repo last November because they gave us the wrong tags to get off the ship in time to catch our flight. It was nice getting off so fast and not waiting around though. We plan on doing it again of the FOS but packing lighter so we have less to carry off.

We used self-disembark a couple of weeks ago on the Vision after our Alaska cruise. It was easy - on the first day, I went to the Purser's Desk and asked to be put on the list for self-disembark (express disembark, I think it was called). She wrote our names down, gave us two little orange slips of paper that were our "tickets" to get off on the day of departure, and gave us general instructions on times, etc.

Day of disembarking, we got up at 6:00, left bags in the room while we got breakfast (we were docking at 7:00 and had to be out of our rooms by 8:00). Came back after breakfast, sat around a bit, and about 7:30 headed up to Deck 5 with our luggage. Waited there for customs to clear the ship and then we were allowed off (showing our little orange slips to the RCI rep at the gangway). VERY easy, no time worries, and we got to the airport two hours before our flight. I'll do it again in a heartbeat. MUCH better than waiting for a color to be called and hoping it doesn't take too long (sometimes customs will hold up a ship, and then everyone is delayed getting off).

We did this on Grandeur in February. Just like everyone has said, it was a breeze. We were off the boat and in a cab in Tampa before 8:00 a.m. Just walked right off, showed our customs form and in a cab. We did the priority debarkation for Platinum/Diamond members on our cruise in July. You are definitly the first off the boat when doing it this way, but you still have to collect your bags (assuming you didn't keep them all with you, which is an option, but is not very practical if you have very many because on at least some ships, if not all, you have to carry them down steps). I would definitly recommend the express carry off option.

Thanks everybody. These are the answers I was counting on reading. We have a 11:50 flight from Miami and I was concerned about making that the old fashioned way. I believe I will be taking my luggage off the ship. Great idea about leaving it in the room while you go eat breakfast. I was a little concerned about the inconvenience of dragging my luggage through the WindJammer.

Archived