Fred Olsen 'British' Theme Night

dthompsond1

I heard it was otherwise known as "red, white and blue" night, so I suppose any clothes in those colours. Maybe print out some unions jacks from the interweb to wear. Maybe some cloth to make a small cape which you can decorate.

Good luck! We will be suffering the same humiliation shortly on Black Watch....now where are my union jack underpants.......

I'm just back from my Fred Olsen cruise and on British Night people wore anything with red, white & blue on! Not formal, absolutely anything went on ours. It was a fun night with union jack flags, singing from song sheets etc. Good fun. We sailed on Black Watch but I expext it will be similar. Have a fabulous time, we did! Very depressed to be back, Happy sailing, flea b :)

Got my tickets for Sep. 3 sailing on Boudicca to Norway. One of the Theme nights is a 'British Night'. Any one out there been on one of these theme nights, if so what did you wear? thanks Dennis.

Just returned from cruising on Black Watch - people wore anything at all with a red white and blue theme - some people went the whole hog with union jack t shirts - others simply wore a blue shirt and some didn`t even bother at all so I wouldn`t worry about going overboard (sorry about the pun !) They provided union jacks to wave and some people got union jack bow ties although the supply of these ran out quickly ! Whatever you wear you will have a great time !!

• 5 months later...

I'm new to Cruise Critic so I'm plodding through the site and realize I'm probably too late to help this poster but maybe others.

I sailed Boudicca in May and, because they notified us of the themes with our documents, I brought along a FABULOUS silk Beatles shirt I have that is basically a print of black and white photographs of the fab four. It was quite a hit, actually, and certainly different.

Archived