Looking for some information

memabumpee

This board has help me several times in the past and once again I need some help. We plan on flying into Orlando Airport for a cruise out of Port Carnaveral in Feb 07. Looking for suggestions as to best way to get to Port. We arrive day before, Thanks again. This board had not served me wrong yet.

y Taxi or Shuttle: All cruise lines offer shuttles from the airport as part of cruise packages, or they may be arranged separately. In the port area, Art's Shuttle (321-783-2112), Blue Dolphin Shuttle (321-433-0011), and Busy Traveler Transportation (800-496-7433) all offer shuttle transportation. Beasley's Limousine (321-453-3680) and J.J.'s Limo (321-693-0004) offer limo service. Taxis are always available at the pier.

from

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=40

Sanford airport shuttle and Port Canaveral cruise transportation

from

http://www.airportability.com/

(9596)

It depends on how many persons are in your group. If it's just 2, then the Carnival transfer is the cheapest that I found ($25pp each way, total $100 round trip).

If there are 4 of you, then one of the private cars might be an alternative...it seems to be around $180 round trip (for up to 4 pax) not including 20% tip. That is a few dollars more expensive than Carnival's transfer, but you don't have to wait for the bus to fill up.

We are going out on the Glory in November...also flying in the night before. We have booked a room at a hotel on cocoa beach, and will take a rental car stright from orlando airport to the hotel, turn in the car the next morning and have the rental car people shuttle us to the port. By doing it this way we saved about 75$ that the hotel shuttle/taxi would have cost:cool: And will still have transportation to get around the night before

We rented a car from Budget each way and it was great. That way we got out the night before the cruise and did a little sight seeing, went out to eat, etc. There are some codes at mousesavers dot com to save 10%. Also, Budget will shuttle you to and from the port for free (just tip the driver). For us, that was the most economical way to go ( $21 going to port for PT Cruiser and $46 back to airport in an Olds SUV..don't remember the name, sorry)

We leave a few days before you on the Sensation. We are getting in the night before at 9pm, so we are renting a car from Thrifty and staying the night in Orlando. We booked our hotel through hotwire.com and got it for 60% off. We haven't actually booked the car yet, but Thrifty has given me the lowest quote so far. They have a shuttle to port when you return the car and will pick you up at port when you return(if you are renting from them to get back to MCO).

Jackie

Sensation 2/4/07

Many cruising from PC agree with prev posters-- rent a car each way and you'll probably save money. Plus the day before, you have a car to tool around in if you want to check the area out (either Orlando or Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral).

I've never done it this way because I haven't sailed out of PC in a long time (having lived in Tampa and now near Ft. Lauderdale), but my friends who fly in and cruise PC rent each way every time. It's a short straight drive, and they stay on their time table.

Have a great cruise!

bill

Archived