Dive/Snorkel Operators in Playa???

suzepoo

We are cruising to Calica and want to find a local company to either snorkel or do a resort course dive with while we are there. We do NOT want to book through the cruise line, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!:D

This sounds AWESOME!! I thought the only way you could book this excursion was "privately" for like $650 for the entire boat that would hold 12 people....very cool....we may consider this as well!!! When do you cruise?

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Calica Thursday and booked a snorkeling tour with Edventures. www.edventures.com.mx They don't do diving but took us to a wonderful Cenote and swam with sea turtles at Akumel beach. The fish and reef were wonderful. The cenote was something to remember. Having snorkeled for years, this was the best. Here is a link to some of my pictures. http://miata46.myphotoalbum.com/ It only cost $45 pp for this and it was just my wife and I with our guide Gilmer Miranda. He was great.

Thanks so much for sharing them with us! Did you cruise on the Holiday? We booked a 2-hour snorkel as we didn't want to be gone as long as edventures takes you out this time, but I will sure keep them in mind for the next time we are in Calica!

What did you think of Calica and how did tendering in Cozumel go?

Archived