Types of beds on different cruise lines.

farm girl

;) My big concern taking a cruise is the type of bed. Food is secondary to me. I love the beds on Holland America but I would like to venture out to different cruise lines. Please let me know what kind of beds are on the ships some of you have been on.

I was on Carnival Spirit last year and the bed was horrible (cot) but the ship was wonderful.

What about Princess, Royal Caribbean, NCL and other Carnival Ships?

How are the beds?

Thank You

Sharon

I would have to say that Holland America has the best beds I have ever slept in. So far I have found none that come close. I have heard that Celebrity will be adding new beds to their ships but not sure when. I have also heard that Suites on Princess have different bedding but you should check this out. I usually ask for the egg crate pads when cruising other than HAL. It does help to soften the beds. :)

Royal Caribbean has just started the process of updating their bedding fleet wide. While the beds are currently a cot with a thin mattress on them (which I've never had a problem with), they are changing them over completely including the frame, the mattress, the sheets, the pillows, and the covers.

I have of yet to sleep on a cot on a carnival ship- especially the spirit class ship. ALways had a twin bed.

Guess i am so tired after all day that sleeping as soon as i hit the pillow - the bed I had on the VOyager had a pit in the middle. Hope they updated that soon after.

• 1 year later...

I've only been on one cruise so I have nothing to compare, but I thought the beds on Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas were really surprisingly comfortable. The mattress felt great and the bedding was really high quality. This was just last month, so maybe I had a recently upgraded room. The beds were a little narrow, though...not a complete Twin width. Together, they make a Queen whereas a true Twin is half a King, I believe.

Jen S.

Archived