11th August TA Crossing - Quick Review

Wirral

Have just got home after 11th August TA crossing plus 2 nights in NY. Despite hightend security alerts managed to fly Manchester to Southampton and yesterday NY to Heathrow.

Crossing was fantastic and will try to write review over the next few days. I was on the QM2 at Easter 2004 soon after she had just gone into service. Ship was wonderful, service was abysmal! This time ship was as magnificent and service was wonderful a fantastic improvement.:)

Went on trip with my 27 year old son so it had to appeal to both generations and it did. The Oxford lecture programme was outstanding. Food was excellent in Brittania restaurant as was service. Commodore lounge was just great as recommended by so many people. Wonderful views and really friendly staff.

Only bad bit was transfer to hotel with Cunard. DO NOT take this. We were up by 4am to get on deck and see final passage into NY - really worth the early rise. However we didn't get to our hotel till nearly 3.30pm.:mad: We didn't leave ship till nearly 10am and then were taken on a useless bus trip which only managed ground zero and lots of views of traffic. Total waste of time. Spoke to a couple who had taken their own cases off the ship and ordered a limo which cost $51 and were in their hotel by 8am. Left their bags and then were able to be off sightseeing as they wished. I would reccommend this to anyne with limited time in NY as we had. Rest of trip great.

Pat

Archived