Gifts in staterooms on the QE2

bubb1es

Hello

This is my first ever posting so please excuse if I make any mistakes. We are booked on the QM2 Transatlantic next June and to say that I am excited is about the biggest understatement !

However, this is a request for my parents who are on the QE2 Mediterranean on 29 August (next week); this is a first ever cruise for them and a very important break for personal reasons - we want to organise flowers in their cabin when they embark - am not getting very far with Cunard direct and wonder if anyone can advise ....

Many thanks

L

Hi

Cunard do usually like such requests at least 2 weeks before sailing date, with in 2 weeks there is a extra charge.

When you voyage on QM2 the voyage folder will give you a list of all the things you can order for yourselves.

BUT as time is limited you mght consider posting a bottle of champage by special delivery to the ship, l always mail some champage for my own use and its always in the cabin waiting, as long as you put the passengers names and cabin no on its usually ok, or in a more time honoured tradition why not send a bon voyage card to await their arrival in the cabin, and more so with the advent of email, you can always send a greeting by email, as long as its text only it will be printed off and slipped under the cabin door, and its a free service, and brings untold joy as well !!!!

Hope this helps.

Myles

Hello

This is my first ever posting so please excuse if I make any mistakes. We are booked on the QM2 Transatlantic next June and to say that I am excited is about the biggest understatement !

However, this is a request for my parents who are on the QE2 Mediterranean on 29 August (next week); this is a first ever cruise for them and a very important break for personal reasons - we want to organise flowers in their cabin when they embark - am not getting very far with Cunard direct and wonder if anyone can advise ....

Many thanks

L

We went on our first QE2 trip 3 years ago. On arrival in our cabin we were delighted to find a beautiful potted hydraenga. At first I thought it was a standard adornment in the cabin, but soon realised there was a tag on the plant. On opening it, we found it was a bon voyage gift from my mother. She went to the local (Merseyside) Interflora shop, said what she wanted and gave the address as our names and cabin number, QE2, Cunard, Southampton Docks, for delivery the following day.

That clearly worked very well. And as a matter of interest, the hydraenga travelled N America and the Caribbean, returned to the UK and despite best efforts to relinquish it to Customs, returned to Merseyside, and was planted in the garden. It's currently in our garden in full and magnificent bloom and will, I'm sure, be a reminder of a wonderful trip for many years to come.

So my advice is forget Cunard and go directly through Interflora or the like. Good luck and I hope all enjoy the trip.

Hello

Many thanks

L

Go direct through Interflora or the like. You need name and cabin number and ensure delivery is after 1200. It worked well for us via a Merseyside florist. Potted plant arrived on board the next day as ordered and was awaiting the recipients when they boarded and went to their cabin. Forget Cunard and arrange direct. Good luck.

Hi

Cunard do usually like such requests at least 2 weeks before sailing date, with in 2 weeks there is a extra charge.

When you voyage on QM2 the voyage folder will give you a list of all the things you can order for yourselves.

BUT as time is limited you mght consider posting a bottle of champage by special delivery to the ship, l always mail some champage for my own use and its always in the cabin waiting, as long as you put the passengers names and cabin no on its usually ok, or in a more time honoured tradition why not send a bon voyage card to await their arrival in the cabin, and more so with the advent of email, you can always send a greeting by email, as long as its text only it will be printed off and slipped under the cabin door, and its a free service, and brings untold joy as well !!!!

Hope this helps.

Myles

many many thanks for your helpful comments - will certainly sort out the flowers - however, can you tell me where the e-mails should be addressed to? congratulations on your 100th night .... enjoy the party!

Go direct through Inter flora or the like.

I'd agree - Cunard's florists are expensive and not very good:( I hesitated to suggest a delivery from ashore because of the increased security - I wasn't sure how Cunard would react to things being delivered to the ship without the passenger being there - As a lot of people are still finding this works OK then I definitely wouldn't use Cunard.

however, can you tell me where the e-mails should be addressed to? congratulations on your 100th night .... enjoy the party!

email add is qe2@cunard.com

and put the "passenger insert name onboard QE2"

The email will be folded over and stapled so as to only show the passengers name and for pirvacy and delivered under your cabin door.. remember no attachments.

Thanks for the good wishes,I will !!!

Myles

email add is qe2@cunard.com

and put the "passenger insert name onboard QE2"

The email will be folded over and stapled so as to only show the passengers name and for pirvacy and delivered under your cabin door.. remember no attachments.

Thanks for the good wishes,I will !!!

Myles

They like the cabin/suite number/name too, if possible.

Archived