Ziplining: Puntarenas vs. Ocho Rios

FathomOfTheOpera

Hi,

We'll be stopping at these two locations during our upcoming trip on the Coral and were wondering if anyone had any ziplining experiences in both of these places that they would like to share. We are thinking of doing zipling in one, but not both, of these stops and are interested to see how they compare. Thanks.

DH and I did the Original Canopy Tour zip-line excursion in Ocho Rios this past January. I was very nervous about it, as doing something like that was way, way out of my comfort zone. They take you to Chukka Cove Farm right off the bat, for a "restroom stop" as there are no more opportunities after that. Then it's a ride up a narrow, winding road to get to the parking area. Then a short walk to the area where they suit you up with your gear. They have several crew members and one will help each person to get it properly fitted, and they give instructions on what to do and what not to do, etc. Then it's a 20-minute or so walk to the first zip-line. I believe there were 9 zips of varying lengths plus 2 "surprises" (one was straight down but they control how fast you go down, it was fine) then a short walk out to a picnic area where they serve drinks and you rest a bit, then get on the bus to go back into town. It was an AWESOME excursion, and the chicken that I am to do things like that I would do it again in a heartbeat! Loved it! We did the morning excursion, so we had time for shopping and a late lunch at Margaritaville.

Archived