Radiance Aft Cabin

nana2D

We have sailed in 9256 corner aft twice now and I would take it again in a heartbeat. The size of the balconies is wonderful if you spend much time there. We also like it because there is less wind than a side balcony. The views are wonderful....very relaxing to watch the wake. I have read that some people on deck 10 have experienced a bit of noise from the Windjammer but others have said it was no problem. For the huge aft balcony, I would put up with a little bit of noise. Also, people can only see down to your balcony if you are standing right at the railing...they are very private from anyone above.:)

Haven't been in 1604, but have had 1600 and 1100. Radiance class ships are the cleanest-burning ships in the fleet (at least they are now - they're converting from gas turbine to diesel), so we've never seen soot on the balcony.

As for noise, the only thing you might notice (besides really noisy neighbors) is some chatter from the Windjammer Cafe above - we could hear snatches of converations during the day, but that area is pretty well closed up at night, so it was quite peaceful.

Enjoy!

We are booked on the Radiance cabin #1604. We've cruised many times but never in an Aft cabin. It's on Deck 10. Is it a good choice? We still have time to change if not. Thanks!

We've had this cabin and 1100 on the Radiance and never had a problem with noise from the Windjammer. On another aft--1602--on the SERENADE next month to Alaska. Aft is the way to go for us!

We've had this cabin and 1100 on the Radiance and never had a problem with noise from the Windjammer. On another aft--1602--on the SERENADE next month to Alaska. Aft is the way to go for us!

Seagal, please take (and post) lots of pictures of cabin 1602! I have it reserved for our southern Caribbean sailing on Serenade over Easter 2008! I agree that aft is the way to go! We always sail aft, but this will be our first Radiance-class ship! Also, we prefer to have some shade on our balcony so that is why we selected 1602 versus 1100 (both were available to us). It appears to me that 1602 will have more shade due to the deeper balcony. I know it will be great!

Seagal, please take (and post) lots of pictures of cabin 1602! I have it reserved for our southern Caribbean sailing on Serenade over Easter 2008! I agree that aft is the way to go! We always sail aft, but this will be our first Radiance-class ship! Also, we prefer to have some shade on our balcony so that is why we selected 1602 versus 1100 (both were available to us). It appears to me that 1602 will have more shade due to the deeper balcony. I know it will be great!

Bonnie, do you have an email address? I finally got my pictures of my Serenade cruise downloaded, and have a few pictures of 1602 especially of the balcony.

If you want the pictures email me at wrpierce at sbcglobal dot net.

Bonnie, do you have an email address? I finally got my pictures of my Serenade cruise downloaded, and have a few pictures of 1602 especially of the balcony.

If you want the pictures email me at wrpierce at sbcglobal dot net.

Hi! We're on the Serenade 9/10 sailing to Alaska in 1602. Can you email the pictures so we can see what we'll be looking forward to?

Thanks!

safecofan at comcast dot net.

Archived