In Room Babysitting Services

We are looking to bring our would be 14 month old on a cruise with a group of our friends, none with kids. What are peoples experiences with the in-room babysitting? Can we arrange right when we got on the boat for everynight sitting or do you have to make arrangements each day? What are the hours such in room sitting is offered? Thanks!

It's available, but you need to make reservations when you board. (The babysitters are off-duty employees) Call RCI and they can give you details!

(I'd leave the child with a grandparent, since no one else in your group will have the restrictions that you will!)

Thanks for the info. My husband and I both work very hard during the year and want to spend whatever off time with our son - hence why we want to take him - this will actually be his 4th cruise by then. We simply want someone to watch him from bedtime until we want to come back to the cabin (i.e. from 8pm - 1am), giving us time to have dinner during late seating and spend some time hanging out with our friends.

Plus, we have already been to all the ports for the sailing and will be at them during Christmas too (we are planning this trip for Feb/Mar) - so doing a lot in port is not a big deal for us - we just want to chill with our son during the day...

Can anyone share their experiences, particularly on AOS? Thanks!

We used the in room sitting on the Jewel in 2004 and the Serenade in January of this year. It was a great experience both times. You fill out a request at the pursers desk when you board and a sitter, if available, will contact you. The form asks questions like can they leave the cabin (for a walk, or maybe an ice cream social on deck six), can they order room service for them, etc.

We had the same sitter from 8pm-2am every night. Half the time our son was sound asleep by the time she arrived. We also brought a portable dvd player and some of his favorite movies which came in handy the few nights he was actually awake.

We both work as well and it was fantastic to play on the beach with our little guy during the day and then have some adult time at night.

Pam

Archived