coffee pots in your cabins??

P.A.

The newer NCL ships all had a 4 cup coffee pot in each cabin!

NCL also offers Saeco Expresso Machines in their Penthouse Suites on a selection of Ships. We cruised on the NCL Pride Of America and enjoyed the expresso/coffee machine in our room. We are crusing in December on the NCL Pearl and are lloking forward again to the Expresso Machine.

[ATTACH]28343[/ATTACH]

Yes it could (and should) - and if not, I would hope any conscientious cabin steward would remove devices such as this from the cabin.

I cannot understand why anyone would want to endanger not only themselves, but a ship full of folks - by taking appliances that are not allowed due to SAFETY issues!:(

A coffee pot is in no way a "Heating Device"... This catagory is for electric blankets, heating pads and eletric room heaters. Irons are banned because they are a continuous heat source and when left unattended they can start a fire. My coffee pot has an automatic shutoff and is not a fire hazard. It is also only a 4 cup pot, or as any coffee drinker will tell you... That is 2 cups. I make it, I drink it, I unplug it and clean the pot. I would venture to bet it is far safer than the pots the cruise line uses to brew the horid coffee they deliver from room service.

Come on folks for crying out loud . . . why not bring your bagel toaster too!! Personal coffee pots aboard a cruise line???? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen - what if you left it on while sun decking or worse on an excursion!! Is it worth it!! Please rethink this item folks, not just for you, but for other cruise members as well. Thanks.

Archived