Viking Century Sun - dress suggestions?

Carolny

Leave for Beijing on 10/17, have hear mixed about the dress on board the ship. Has anyone done this cruise? What was dress for dinner? Some said business casual, friend we are traveling with seems to think touring cloths fine, is this right?:confused:

Howdy Carolny!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information. However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members find information about using Cruise Critic's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic. 05.gif

Per our Guidelines and to help you out, I have moved your thread to the Other Cruise Lines Forum where it will be on topic. I hope you will be able to find it in the new location! Your fellow Cruise Critic members should be able to help you with more information there.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Read through Viking China site, there are a lot of suggestions for the trip.

Leave for Beijing on 10/17, have hear mixed about the dress on board the ship. Has anyone done this cruise? What was dress for dinner? Some said business casual, friend we are traveling with seems to think touring cloths fine, is this right?:confused:

Life on board is casual. For dinner most guys wear an open collar shirt (e.g. golf shirt or button down) and casual slacks (not jeans). Some wear a sports jacket on top of it, but nothing fancy. Think country club casual and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the information. What did you think of the trip and any suggestions for seeing sights on your own instead of the plannned tours. My husband doesn't what to do some of the shopping type tours. Thought if you could tour the towns on our own if interesting, I'd go along. Thanks:)

Thanks for the information. What did you think of the trip and any suggestions for seeing sights on your own instead of the plannned tours. My husband doesn't what to do some of the shopping type tours. Thought if you could tour the towns on our own if interesting, I'd go along. Thanks:)

There really aren't any shopping tours per se. While there are stops at Jade Factories and Silk Rug factories, these are often bundled together with lunch (the Jade Factory in Beijing) or en route to/from the airport (the silk rug factory in Shanghai).

Actually there is very little free time on these trips so your husband should be spared from any formally scheduled shopping time.

Archived