Miami motels

geejay

We will be staying overnight in Miami post cruise and have a flight out at 8 am the next morning.
Any suggestions in which area to stay? We'll get a rental car in Fort Lauderdale so will have transportation. Just need to find something to do for the day and evening.
I want to bid on Priceline, but can't decide which zone. I know we've stayed in Miami before but the only place I can remember the name of is Don Shula Resort which was okay. The restaurant there was awesome; I do remember that! We've also stayed a hotel right over a drawbridge and some others.
Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Just re-read my post and I sound like an idiot!:eek: We stayed at the hotels in Miami when we booked our air through the cruiseline and the transportation was arranged by them. That's why I have no idea of where they were. Now I want to go through Priceline. Please help me with the zone.

Downtown area is closest to the port, but not much nightlife in the immediate area except for Bayside Marketplace which is like an outdoor mall which has a lot of restaurants and frequently has live music at nite.

Airport zone is obviously closest to the airport (about 25 minutes from the pier, 25 minutes from South Beach) and might be convenient for your 8am flight.

If you're an early riser and don't mind driving in the morning to catch your flight, there's always the South Beach area for lots of nightlife.

IMO, the Miami Downtown zone is one of the best values in the entire Priceline system... the quality of hotel for the price you can get is incredible.

If you're just looking for accommodations which are convenient to MIA, I suggest the Marriott complex on LeJeune Road. There are three hotels side-by-side in a gated compound, about a 5-minute drive from the airport. You can take your pick: Marriott, Courtyard or Fairfield Inn. I've stayed in all three. There's a good restaurant in the Marriott, and plenty more in the vicinity.

Jack

Archived