San Francisco Hotel near the Cruise Port

Hello Everyone:

I am need of some advice from savy travelers that can tell me which area in SF I need to book a nice hotel that is near the cruise ship terminal. I have a cruise leaving there in a few months and need a room a day before, but don't know which area I need to stay in that is safe and has better than average hotels.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

RC

• 3 months later...

We, too, are cruising out of San Francisco in the Spring. I know that the Fisherman's Wharf area is closest to the port, but I'm still looking for a hotel, too. There is more information if you go to United States under ports, and then West Coast Departures. If you find a good one, would you please post it online? Thanks! Have a great cruise!

When looking for Hotels/Motels closer to the Dock itself I guess the Marina District would be closest. But it's still fair cab drive although less traffic to get around. Budget helpers out here for sure.

We stayed at the Handlery also near Union Square. It has an outdoor pool. Older but rooms updated & OK. Everything is walkable from there pretty well. Attached restaurant is great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We also booked a pre cruise room at the Best Western Tuscan Inn for our April 27th Mercury cruise. Later I noticed that it is one of the hotels Celebrity uses for their San Francisco pre and post cruise offerings. I am therefore reassured that it will be safe and comfortable. It is also within walking distance of pier 35 where our ship will dock and all the other happenings at Fisherman's Wharf.

• 3 months later...

We were on a cruise out of San Francisco in April and stayed at the Radisson Fisherman's Wharf. We really enjoyed the hotel and the location. It was a quick walk to the pier, as well as all of the tourist attractions in the area. The hotel does not have it's own restaurant, but is attached to and IHOP on one side, and a Johnny Rockets from the pool area. There is also a gate right out to the pier area that is accessed with your room key card. We thought it was a wonderfully convenient hotel. We had good beds and nice linens, including comforters. We did not pay the higher price for the bay view rooms, but we had a little slice of a view......could see Alcatraz and even the ship come in the morning of our cruise. Our room was spotless, and the check in desk people were very nice. There is a coffee cart in the lobby in the mornings.

Archived