Family atmosphere on Sov of Seas?

cgc33a

My question/concern is: how "family friendly" is Sov of Seas? I have been on short Carnival cruises before & there have been a lot of "party people" on board [usually young, or wishing to be young (a few of my coworkers), imbibing a bit too much]. I understand the longer cruises attract a more "sedate" crowd but since Sov of Seas goes out of Port Canaveral (as does the Fantasy & Sensation, as well as DCL) I am assuming there should be a good number of families onboard. I am guessing this to be so b/c early dining is booked (a favorite of families) & we are wait listed. Re: I am basing my questions etc on my experience on Carnival & also many Disney cruises (but the Wonder will be in dry dock when we are in the SOS-& I couldn't pass up the price!)

Also: what types of amenities (shampoo, lotion etc) should I expect in the staterooms?-trying to pack light

Bring your own amenities--the shampoo (champoo) is on the wall and I didn't want to sample it.:p Hand soap is provided at the sink and shower--you are on your own for the rest. As far as family style it depends on where you are and at what time. ( I found the men's sexy legs contest to be pretty disgusting.) If you hang around the bars at night you're bound to find some inappropriate behavior. Being short cuises you do get alot of partiers but the atmosphere is fairly sedate. Again, time and location will dictate R rating or PG. It's a wonderful ship and I look forward to crusing her again! Have fun!:cool:

I think a lot depends upon the time of year. We went in June. There were lots of families. There were some high school graduates that had been drinking, but nothing real harmful. At Karaoke, two were asked to leave due to language. They were told this is for families and the language they were using was unacceptable.

I think it also depends on if you are going on the 4 night or the 3 night. The 3 night is typically on the weekend and I'd imagine more kids on board. I went on the 3 night, but had late seating and didn't see many kids. It was also in November. I'm going again on the 4 night which is during the week and again in November so I probably won't see many kids then either.

Archived