Miami Intercontinental/marriott

bugtyler

I have two reservations book one for Intercontinental/one for Marritott Biscayne Bay Blvd....both under goverment rate...has anyone ever had any trouble using state government rate at Intercontential for leisure I had read some where on these boards that you had to be on official business???and has anyone stayed at either hotel we are doing a one night prior to our cruise...????are they far away from each other???Intercontinenal $133 a night/Marriott $157 a night for February 2007...any help would be appreciated!!!

We've never had any problems whatsoever using the government rate for any property. We're also booked at the Intercontinental in Miami and I don't anticipate any problem. It didn't say anywhere on the reservation that it had to be on government business. All we've ever had to do was be sure to have my husband's Federal Government ID with us.

The hotels are not within walking distance of each other. Intercontinental is very close and walkable to Bayside Market. I would not say the Marriott Biscayne Bay would be within walking distance, especially not at night.

We stayed at the Intercontinental pre cruise last year. Very nice, close to Bayside and watch the ships come in to port in the am. Ask at the desk for Bayfront on a high floor. they gave it to us even though we only paid $65 on priceline

Enjoy

Archived