Would this be Ok to do????

Sue L

Hey all,

Need some advice. We are going to Bermuda in 11 days ( but who's counting). We want to go to Horseshoe beach, but because of walking issues I would prefer to take a taxi and not have to deal with the hill near the beach when you get off the bus. I have read that the taxi is 30$ one way and that is for the taxi, regardless of the # of people.

Since it is only DH and I traveling together and if we haven't met others who will be doing similiar to us I told Dh I would like to see if we could find others to share the taxi with as we are leaving the ship. I am not cheap, but saving $ never hurts.

If you were leaving the ship and heard someone asking if anyone would like to share a taxi to the beach. Would you be offended? Amused? or willing to share?

Sue

I'm sure you'll find some one willing to share a cab. We did that once for a carriage ride. They just charged us for the ride and we spilt it two ways. If we had not gone "together" they would have charged each couple even though we were on the same carriage. Worked out very well.

hi sue.........theres 4 of us.........still interested???? not sure yet what we are going to be doing.....i know i do want to go to horsebay....how big are the taxi's in bermuda, we've never been there, dh, myself and two sons......not sure if you're interested in sharing the cab with children, i know some arent interested in that.......every little bit saved can be spent on something else!

Hey allstarmom,

What cruise are you on? If it is the 9/17 Explorer are you on the roll call? If not come and join. I don't mind kids I have 2. My kids though are both now at college and this cruise is to celebrate our empty nest. I have no idea how big the taxis are either, but we would be happy to share if the timing works out. We also have never been to bermuda and I can't wait. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that "Florence" doesn't screw anything up.

Sue

Hey all,

Need some advice. We are going to Bermuda in 11 days ( but who's counting). We want to go to Horseshoe beach, but because of walking issues I would prefer to take a taxi and not have to deal with the hill near the beach when you get off the bus. I have read that the taxi is 30$ one way and that is for the taxi, regardless of the # of people.

Since it is only DH and I traveling together and if we haven't met others who will be doing similiar to us I told Dh I would like to see if we could find others to share the taxi with as we are leaving the ship. I am not cheap, but saving $ never hurts.

If you were leaving the ship and heard someone asking if anyone would like to share a taxi to the beach. Would you be offended? Amused? or willing to share?

Sue

Not quite correct. First I think it will be a liitle more than $30.00(closer to forty) for 1-4 people.

There is a slightly higher rate for 5-6 people if the cab can hold them --about 1/3 higher...

We shared a cab with two other people coming back from the beach...People weren't offended at all. Why would they be?

yes we are going on the 17th........started to think about what to take etc, getting myself overwhelmed LOL.....and no talk of any hurricanes LOL......i did stop over at the roll call board.....i dont know what else we are going to do in bermuda......i wanted to go horseback ridiing, but i got shot down LOL

yes we are going on the 17th........started to think about what to take etc, getting myself overwhelmed LOL.....and no talk of any hurricanes LOL......i did stop over at the roll call board.....i dont know what else we are going to do in bermuda......i wanted to go horseback ridiing, but i got shot down LOL

shot down? by the people who think that noisy(and smelly) skidoos on the ocean are ok? Go ride its YOUR vacation not theirs.

First take a deep breath!!!!

Best advice is to layout each outfit with shoes, accessories,jewelry, etc. All my cruise stuff is now black for the evenings so I bring 1 pair dress black shoes, 1 pair casual black shoes. 1 purse does the trick for all nights. Also my outfits are all mix and match. 1 pair black pants two different shirts, 1 pair black capris 2 shirts, 1 long black skirt with a fancy top. We do the same for hubby by laying out all his outfits. We have found this method cuts down on overpacking. I am also a firm believer in lists. We have had our suitcases out on the kids beds and have been putting odds and ends in there.

We are doing the "restless native catamaran" on the second day. Hopefully the weather will cooperate but we have our 2 days planned with alternates if the weather is iffy.

Sue

Please also come back over to the roll call as it is a great bunch of people and as the cruise is rapidly approaching it is more and more fun!!!

Smeyer, thanks for the info , I read in several places that the taxi was 30$ so that is what I was basing my info on. Thanks for the update.

smyer.....what i meant by "shot down" was that my idea did not go over well with my family.......not sure i really want to go alone

LOL Its Bermuda very safe...not like some of the Carribean islands but I can see not doing it alone...

Sid

Archived