Refrigerators in the cabins?

rwams

Getting ready to leave for Ms Ryndam to Alaska 9/17, am wondering about refrigerators being in the cabins, I am in a Oceanview cabin on main deck.

Rick :)

We'll be in an outside on the Ryndam in November and I asked that question several weeks ago..Was told that they don't have refrigerators in the Outside cabins...

But was also told that they can be rented for 2.00 per day...You can call ships services (800) 541-1576 to book it...

If it's really important that you have it (IE: for Medications) suggest you try to get a confirmation via e-mail from HAL..One of the other posters said she had rented one thru Ships services for her DH's Meds..When they boarded there was no frig. in the cabin..When they inquired at the main desk they were told there were none avail..Their steward had to store the meds in the crew quarters & bring them to her DH 3 times per day..

I'll try to search for that thread for you & post it..

Enjoy your cruise..Betty

I'll be on the Veendam on sept 24th, how big are the fridges...I was thinking of bringin a pitcher to keep some kool-aid/crystal lite on hand, would they be big enough for a 2 quart pitcher?

Are you sure they have refig. in all the cabins on the Veendam?.. Believe it depends on your cabin type..But if they do, not sure if it would hold a 2 Qt pitcher..

On the Prinsendam they were like small hotel frig's & were stocked with soda pop & small liquors which you have to purchase..We asked our steward to remove the things in the frig & were able to put our pepsi & water in it..

Perhaps you should post this question on a new thread...Those who have been on the Veendam recently should be able to give you that info..

I'll be on the Veendam on sept 24th, how big are the fridges...I was thinking of bringin a pitcher to keep some kool-aid/crystal lite on hand, would they be big enough for a 2 quart pitcher?
My newest "can't leave home without" is the Crystal lite singles for water bottles. I think this is the greatest travel aid ever. Take them out of the box and they fit just anywhere in you bag or purse.

Being on the Veendam for 2 or 3 times and always in a big suite, there is no fridge. Or you define the minibar as a fridge. I've heard from guys, giving all the minibar bottles to the steward and using it for other purposes.

But if you need only a cool place for e.g. some medicine, the minibar is ok.

But is a minibar in all cabins? I don't know.

Here's the breakdown:

S- and R- class ships are Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Veendam; Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaandam. They do not have a fridge in the inside or outside cabins. The mini-suites, suites, and penthouse do have a fridge.

All other cabins can rent one---should be done in advance.

Vista ships are Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam. All cabins have a fridge.

I don't know how it is on the Prinsendam.

As noted by Dieter---these are a mini-bar that is stocked and keeps things cool. You can ask the steward to remove the contents.

Archived