Yet another Miami hotel question...

marilynbn

We will be staying in Miami for 3 nights pre-cruise the first week of January. I currently have a great rate booked at the Hotel Victor. We are a family of three with a teenage daughter. I have been reading posts on TripAdvisor.com and most do not speak highly of this hotel because of the continous partying noise that goes on all night. So does anyone here have experience with this hotel. Will it be that crowded after New Years? If this is not the right hotel then PLEASE steer me in another direction. We want to be near the beach since we will be in Miami for a couple of days and have never been there before. Being close to the port is not that important. So any quiet nice hotels near South Beach? I trust the opinions of my peeps (cruisers!). Marilyn:D

We will be staying in Miami for 3 nights pre-cruise the first week of January. I currently have a great rate booked at the Hotel Victor. We are a family of three with a teenage daughter. I have been reading posts on TripAdvisor.com and most do not speak highly of this hotel because of the continous partying noise that goes on all night. So does anyone here have experience with this hotel. Will it be that crowded after New Years? If this is not the right hotel then PLEASE steer me in another direction. We want to be near the beach since we will be in Miami for a couple of days and have never been there before. Being close to the port is not that important. So any quiet nice hotels near South Beach? I trust the opinions of my peeps (cruisers!). Marilyn:D
Marilyn, I can't give you a firm answer, but I do want to throw something else in: the Orange Bowl game will be about the same time you will be there. This could add to the partying. I don't know the exact date: hopefully it will prior to your arrival. It is usually around the 2nd or 3rd of January. NMnita

We(myself,husband and 2 daughters 15,9) are flying into Miami on Jan.2 and leaving on the Valor Jan.7/07. Yes, the Orange Bowl is Jan.2/07 plus it is still Xmas holidays. Prices are quite steep I would say!!

We are going to rent a car for a few days and go down to mid-Florida Keys for a couple of nights and then back up to Miami for 3 nights. After you keep looking at hotel prices for that time frame, they do not seem so high anymore....LOL LOL LOL

Last time late Jan./05 we stayed at the Hyatt downtown and caught a city bus to South Beach twice. I,too, would be afraid of certain hotels in SoBeach being noisy also.

Good luck on your hotel search. We have booked a tentative hotel in SoBeach area, but will probably cancel it and try for something ?quieter/more downtown-Bayside area.

Archived