Help Carnival glory Cabin information needed

pag26

I have booked a crusie on the Cranival Glory, we enjoyed the one last year so much.

I have been allocated cabin 1033 on the Panorama deck, but I have just noticed on the deck plans that this is shown as having 2 upper bunks, so can accomodate 4 people. there is only two of us. Does the presence of these two bunk make the cabin seem smaller and cluttered. I had an inside on the Panorama last year and was happy wiht the size.

Anyone had this cabin that can advise please.

I have booked a crusie on the Cranival Glory, we enjoyed the one last year so much.

I have been allocated cabin 1033 on the Panorama deck, but I have just noticed on the deck plans that this is shown as having 2 upper bunks, so can accomodate 4 people. there is only two of us. Does the presence of these two bunk make the cabin seem smaller and cluttered. I had an inside on the Panorama last year and was happy wiht the size.

Anyone had this cabin that can advise please.

The upper bunks should be stowed in the ceiling and hardly visible.

It should have no effect on the amount of room or the way the room feels.

We will be using them this next cruise but in the past we have had them but never used them. On the spirit didn't even know they were there until night 4 when I told the room steward that I was mad at DH and he joked he could make up the bunk..:p .

Hope you enjoy you cruise!

Shanda

Hello,

Upper bunks are stowed in the ceiling ?

Yes...Upper Bunks are in the ceiling. They pull down and out if needed (sort of like the way a Murphy bed is in a wall) and a ladder is put next to them. They are not in the way at all if you are not using them (and really even if you are using them as they do not take up floor space but could make the room feel more crowded since they take up "air space" - when we had one the cabin steward closed it each morning).

To the OP - I also LOVED having a cabin on the Panorama Deck on the Glory! Since you had one last year you know what I mean! The size of your cabin will be the same.

Thanks for the responses everyone it is re-assuring.

LisaMM you are right about the Panorama Deck, we were upgrded to it on our first crusie last year. I did not want to risk not getting on upgrade onto that deck this yaer, so we booked it.

Can't wait.

We had 1065 on Glory a month ago. It is another quad on Panorama.

Just confirming what others have said. The fourth berth is mounted in the ceiling and completely invisible when not in use.

The third berth is the sofabed, which is simply a sofa when not used as a bed.

Panorama is a super location. Much less crowded and easy access to everything via forward elevators.

I thought that I had got this sorted in my own mind, but after Zyzygy's post I am confused again, (which is not hard). All the replies to date indicate that the two spare bunks are stowed in the ceilling so do not reduce the amount of space in the cabin. Zyzygy, says that only one is stored in the ceilling and the other is a sofa bed. Although I was pleased with the amount of room in the cabin last year, there is not a lot of circulation space, so if there is also a sofa bed in there as well as the normal beds there will be no space at all.

I would appreciate a definative reply from someone, as if it is as Zyzygy has said I would want to ask for another cabin.

HELP.

I thought that I had got this sorted in my own mind, but after Zyzygy's post I am confused again, (which is not hard). All the replies to date indicate that the two spare bunks are stowed in the ceilling so do not reduce the amount of space in the cabin. Zyzygy, says that only one is stored in the ceilling and the other is a sofa bed. Although I was pleased with the amount of room in the cabin last year, there is not a lot of circulation space, so if there is also a sofa bed in there as well as the normal beds there will be no space at all.

I would appreciate a definative reply from someone, as if it is as Zyzygy has said I would want to ask for another cabin.

HELP.

The sofa is in the cabin anyway...won't make a difference if you use it as a bed or not as far as the space.

Thanks, cruzn buckeye, but I am now even more confused. We had an inside cabin on this deck last year, there was no sofa in there, just the chair and the two beds pushed together to make a double.

Oops....sorry for the confusion...the ocean view and balcony cabins are the ones that have sofas.

a cabin with the stowed in the ceiling bunk as our 13 year old travels with us. She absolutely loves the ceiling bunks! On Carnival it comes down over the sofa - perfect - you can still sit on the sofa if it is pulled out in the evening - just watch your head when you stand up! The sofa also makes into a twin bed - she doesn't like this option - also, on our first cruise we had a balcony guarantee and were put on the Panorama Deck - we fell in love with this deck. On second Victory cruise, choose a guarantee again, but when Carnival had their "one-day" sail we opted to choose the upgrade to the Panorama Deck instead of the OBC - November will be our 3rd cruise on the Victory - when I booked, with past guest priviledges I got an 8a and immediate upgrade to, you guessed it, Panorama Deck.

This deck is so wonderful - Spa above you - no noise at all, cabins below you, again no noise - walk down the hall and out and down one set of stairs and Lido here we come!

Can't wait to see the Victory again!

HELP.

In general - There are quads that use the sofa (which is already in the cabin) as a bed at night and then there are quads that have 2 pull downs from the ceiling. You can tell which kind you have by looking at the deck plans on the Carnival website there is a key to the symbols. This varies by ship and by cabin type.

The Panorama quads do use the sofa as one bed and ceiling pull-down as another.

The balcony cabins are quite large (185 sq. ft. interior space, plus balcony).

If the third and fourth passengers were old enough, you could get them a separate inside cabin for just a little more than sharing a Panorama quad balcony (third and fourth passenger rates go up based on balcony occupancy).

Believe it or not, there is plenty of room in the quad, especially with the fourth berth in the ceiling.

Archived