Sept 2nd sailing to Bermuda!!!

dano99487

I would like to know from anyone who sailed on the September 2nd sailing to Bermuda on the Zenith, how rough were the seas sailing down on Sat & Sunday from Ernesto?................Dano:)

I was not on the Sept 2 sailing but have sailed to Bermuda about 6 times on Celebrity and RCCL. On almost every sailingw e hit rough water going one and/or the otherway. This is inheritted with teh North Atlantic.. sometimes it is worse than other times but never the less you are not in the Caribbean.

Officially Bermuda is not in the Caribbean but in the North Atlantic.

The boat was rocking! Out of nine cruises, this was the worst water we have experienced. Two years ago we went to Bermuda on the Horizon. The cruise director said it was the worst seas of the season. We were on deck four and the water was hitting the window every once in awhile. We had first seating for dinner and the waiters were stumbling. Our waiter said the second seating was worse. Formal night was changed from Monday to Tuesday because of the weather. But, we had great weather in Bermuda!

We also were there. Saturday night was bad. I heard some people slept with their life jackets on! Our Head Waiter said he has been on the Zenith for 5 years and that was the worst he has seen.

But once that was over we had a great cruise.

Hope the storm misses them and everything will be OK for Bermuda this week. It a beautiful place.

Archived