San Juan hotels

dc4

Thanks to all for the info on Sheraton/Old San Juan. Makes me feel much better.

wrp96: I'm curious about the transfers. We booked them also. How do you arrange to get from the hotel to the pier and why was there a long wait? I'd hate to pay for the transfer and a taxi.

The transfer time is set up by RCCL. A large number of cruisers stay at the Sheraton-Old San Juan. Because boarding doesn't officially begin until 2 pm, RCCL is not going to bring you over to the pier any earlier than that. So the time to pick us up at the hotel was "sometime between 1 and 2pm." When we were told that as we checked out of the hotel before the required 11am, we just decided to take the taxi to the pier for all of $15. Believe me it was well worth it to be one of the first people on the ship and not wait around that extremely crowded and small lobby. As it was the price we paid for the hotel through RCCL was the same we would've paid on our own, so technically we didn't pay anything extra for the transfers. Believe me when I tell you that unless there are major problems with the taxis the day you are there, the RCCL hotel to pier transfers are NOT worth it in San Juan

We did pay extra for the transfer to the pier from OSJ hotel and from the ship to the airport after the cruise. Should I cancel these?

Believe me when I tell you, take the taxis. The transfers to the pier from the hotels are NOT worth it.

Taxis are EVERYWHERE in old San Juan..... especially at the hotels.... the doorman will hail one for you and let the driver know where you are going.... the rates are fixed

Yeah, the rates are fixed, but that doesn't mean a darn thing unless you are leaving the airport. We got bagged leaving the El San Juan to go to the airport - and it was only a 5 min ride. Next time I'm going to find out the "proper" rates for all the routes that we plan to take, in advance. I was very annoyed.:mad:

Archived