Question @ balcony rooms on Star

kaiiak

I was considering booking a balcony category room on the May 1st repo. cruise from LA to Vancouver. I have never sailed NCL before, usually Princess. We usually do midship, but saw that NCL offers some aft balcony rooms. Has anyone been in these rooms? How is the view? Pros/cons versus midship? I have heard it can be a bit more rocky. Previously have only sailed Caribbean. Not sure if the Pacific is more rocky this time of year??? Any advice is appreciated as we want to book SOON!!!! :)

I was considering booking a balcony category room on the May 1st repo. cruise from LA to Vancouver. I have never sailed NCL before, usually Princess. We usually do midship, but saw that NCL offers some aft balcony rooms. Has anyone been in these rooms? How is the view? Pros/cons versus midship? I have heard it can be a bit more rocky. Previously have only sailed Caribbean. Not sure if the Pacific is more rocky this time of year??? Any advice is appreciated as we want to book SOON!!!! :)

The aft balcony's offer the best views, and I've never been bothered by the motion at the back of the ship. The aft BA balcony's on deck 10 are about 3 times bigger than other BA balconys, the ones on the aft of deck 9 are about twice as large as normal BAs and the ones on the aft of deck 8 are slightly larger I believe. If there are any of these cabins available I would book them quickly, they are the most popular of all the balconys.

The Star is a sister ship of the Pride of Hawaii isn't she (or that is, the PoH is a sister ship of the Star)? If so, would the aft balcony sizes be the same ratio? Or have I mixed up the sister ships?

beachchick

Dawn and Star have deeper balconies on Deck 10 only.

Jewel and POHI same size as regular balconies but do offer the addition of aft facing mini suites. Even if the balconies are not larger still the best viewing on the ship. You are never on the wrong side of the ship.

1310533711_JewelTAaftbal.jpg.2c0e339e54051c87bbcf93b3c009cd53.jpg

Archived