Recent Cruisers, Fred Olsen, British Night

Iceland

Hi all, Is British night classed as informal or casual. I read in one of the posts recently that is was a fun night. My husband is up for a fun night and would dress the part, ie union jacks etc, but our friend is quite reserved and would probably prefer 'informal' dress. What was the mix.

Would be grateful of any information as have started packing for Sunday.

What did you do?

Just back from our Baltic Cruise on Black Watch-what a fab time we had! Wish I was still on her!

The British night.....the daily programme just says red/white/blue dress code, it does not state informal/casual etc

I wore a red t-shirt, white "engalnd" cap, plenty of union jack stickers and I was probably the only one! I would say the majority wore informal with red ties or red shirts, maybe a union jack bow tie or two. But I would say the general theme is anything goes!

Remember the majority of passengers are of the "old" variety and wearing anything other than a shirt and tie to dinner is just not "done". But the night is a bit of fun so I say go for it and show the others how to dress up in the best fancy dress you can find!

Any other questions just shout. And have fun!

Hi, our cruise had loads of young people on it. British night was really fun, anything was allowed. A lot of people told me they didn't even know about it beforehand as they hadn't looked at their tickets properly! I wish I could do it all again!... Have a fab time, flea B x

• 7 months later...

On Boudicca, last year, I wore white chino trousers, a red shirt and navy blue sweater. There were many different interpritaitons of British night from fairly formal to very casual. Every one seamed to have a great time. Do'nt miss the cabaret show that night, plenty of flag waving and sing along war songs, great fun.Dennis

Archived