Brimstone Hill or Frigate Bay?

ckornuta

Absolutely in agreement with Liz on this one. Brimstone Hill has fantastic views, is beautifully restored and a World Heritage Site. Quite frankly you can go to a beach anywhere in the Caribbean but you really won't find too many fortresses as lovely and impressive as Brimstone Hill.

BTW there is no reason why you can't go to Brimstone Hill and Romney Manor in the morning and the beach in the afternoon.

Also BTW - if you like Batik, there are some for good examples on sale at Romney Manor.

• 2 months later...

The only place where walking may be a bit challengining is going up the stairs to the fortress at Brimstone Hill BUT I have 2 bad knees, a bad hip and asthma and I did it (slowly). The stairs up to the fortress are well-constructed and not steep. The van takes you right up most of the hill to the parking lot and then you have to go up the stairs to the fortress (not a long walk but it is all stairs).

I don't think any reasonably healthy older person would have a problem doing this and it is worth it. The last time I was there, there were some quite elderly ladies (I chatted with the oldest who was 80) and they told me they just took it slowly. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes (like sneakers).

Believe me Brimstone Hill is worth the effort.

To see beautiful photos of Brimstone Hill & Romney Manor visit www.flickr.com/photos/virgomerry/tags/stkitts

Your pictures are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing them. Have you thought about telling what and where each pic is? I would really like to know where some of them are from and what the plants are. They were beautiful.

Archived