Cheapy hotel/motel In seattle for may Alaska Cruise

ivysoul

Hi

We are planning on arriving the evening before the cruise and have decided that we did not want a top notch hotel for the night as we should be flying into Seattle in the evening and plan on leaving mid morning for the cruise ship.

Does anyone know of reasonable priced accomodation not miles away from the pier. ? not sure which pier we will be going from, we are booked on the NCL pearl, or accomdation within a 15 mins cab drive.

Thanks

If you are arriving the evening prior, staying at Seatac will be the cheapest option. I stayed at the Days Inn, extremely nice rooms, decent breakfast, this past May for $40. All I was looking for was a clean bed.

Either way, if you stay at the airport or downtown, you will have a cab fare of about $30+++.

Thanks VJBLK for http://cruiseterminalsofamerica.com/calendar it looks like NCL use pier 66.

If you want a little sightseeing of Seattle, arrive at the dock early, porters are there early, check your bag. Pike Market is easy and close to get to, go down a block and up the elevator, then uphill about a block, turn right.

If you do wish to overnight downtown, the Moore Hotel is less expensive than most in the area. It is quite old, but clean, and within easy walking distance of the market place and pier. No air-conditioning, but we did fine with only a fan when we overnighted there this past May.

We have also stayed near the airport, and it's great if you just want to relax after the flight. MUCH cheaper than downtown, but unless you have a car, very little access to attractions/points of interest. For a late arrival, then just resting, I'd choose this option.

Thanks for that, we are flying from the UK so we will be tired, we were not sure whether to stay at the airport and then get a cab to the pier or cab it from the airport to a hotel near the pier?? Can you walk to the Pier 66 from the hotel?

, but unless you have a car, very little access to attractions/points of interest.

Actually not true, there is an EXCELLENT direct bus access to downtown Seattle from the airport and area hotels. I've taken it many times on long layovers. Pick up is right outside baggage claim. Research schedules and routes before you go, for your touring area of interest. http://transit.metrokc.gov/

, but unless you have a car, very little access to attractions/points of interest.

Actually not true, there is an EXCELLENT direct bus access to downtown Seattle from the airport and area hotels. I've taken it many times on long layovers. Pick up is right outside baggage claim. Research schedules and routes before you go, for your touring area of interest. http://transit.metrokc.gov/

Certainly... let me clarify... unless you have some mode of transportation, whether car, bus, taxi, etc., there is very little access to points of interest. Very little in the way of attractions which are walkable from the airport area.

Personally, if I were going to bus from SEA-TAC to downtown to sightsee, then bus back again near the airport for lodging, then bus back again downtown to sail the following day, I would simply choose to pay extra and stay downtown. If I were simply going to relax until bedtime after after a long flight, I'd definitely choose the cheaper option of staying near the airport following arrival.

Just my opinion:) ... but I don't have tons of Alaskan cruising experience. Only two.:(

Certainly... let me clarify... unless you have some mode of transportation, whether car, bus, taxi, etc., there is very little access to points of interest. Very little in the way of attractions which are walkable from the airport area.

Personally, if I were going to bus from SEA-TAC to downtown to sightsee, then bus back again near the airport for lodging, then bus back again downtown to sail the following day, I would simply choose to pay extra and stay downtown. If I were simply going to relax until bedtime after after a long flight, I'd definitely choose the cheaper option of staying near the airport following arrival.

Just my opinion:) ... but I don't have tons of Alaskan cruising experience. Only two.:(

I never would take a bus to a ship sailing out of Seattle. Not what I was referring to. But I will still say, going round trip from Seatac for the "sightseeing" of downtown Seattle is a good option for a significantly cheaper hotel. The bus system is excellent. It doesn't sound like you have used it? I'm just posting information as another cost saving option.

:eek: :( :eek: I went onto tripadvisor and the review is bad news.

Hmmm... from tripadvisor it seems to have 4 out of 5 on its ratings if I read correctly???

My opinion only on the Moore Hotel... we found it to be clean, and our room had recently been remodeled. Friends traveling with us were also pleased with the room for the price in the downtown area. Both rooms had private bath. Just remember, it IS a budget hotel. It is OLD, and it is downtown. We did not venture out after dark.

I do see a complaint of bed bugs... we certainly didn't have that problem. Our review would be pretty much in line with this one someone posted in August ~

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60878-d100544-r5700717-Moore_Hotel-Seattle_Washington.html

We've stayed near the airport at Seattle Inn, I believe. I would HIGHLY NOT recommend it. We booked last minute via cell phone, sight unseen, using a travelbook coupon. Much yuckier than the Moore, though much cheaper. There is quality 'namebrand' lodging near the airport, still budget friendly... we'll stick with that in the future.

Also, BQ, I highly value your opinion. It's just quite a distance for me, personally, to travel back and forth airport/downtown by bus after I'm already travel weary. I have not used the bus, although we considered it for our transfer to the downtown hotel. Luggage was my main concern in taking the bus. As mentioned, my opinion only, and in my quite limited experience.:)

NCL leaves from Pier 66, right across from Pike Place Market and the entire waterfront is a mecca for tourists.................in my opinion (grew up there and am often there and we left from there last year) I'd never stay at the airport when I could stay near such wonderful sights and just walk or take a short ride to the pier.

Don't deny yourselves some wonderful sights...........the sea, the flowers, the parasailers, etc.

In Seattle you do NOT need A/C in May, believe me.

Seattle has excellent mass transit................you can ride to the Space Needle, etc.

You're there..............enjoy it.

;)

I would recommend the Marqueen. Its located a few blocks from the space needle. It was built in 1898 for the workers at Ford Motor plant. Each room has hardwood floors with carpets, a sitting room/area, a nice tile bathroom, a huge closet, and a seperate kitchen with built in seating, full size fridge and sink. It is only three stories high, there is no elevator. THe decor is VERY cozy. The beds VERY comfortable, and the staff VERY accomodating. The also offer complimentary wine and hd's in the lobby in the evening .

Walking distance to space needle, many restaurants both high end and less expensive. ( I like the all you can eat Indian buffet for 7.95 ) as well as 10 Mercer which has moderately priced fine dining. Across the street you can go to a pub and get bangers and mashed along with a pint. There is a full liquor store a block and a half away and a grocery store and pharmacy 5 minutes away.

The price was about $100.00 for the room when we went.

They do have a web site.

Dave:eek:

I was very surprised at how expensive the hotels in Seattle are. We stayed at the Sheraton Towers in downtown. Nice rooms, great location. We got if for $130 including all taxes from Hotwire. We walked to Pike Place market, the watefront, visited the Odyssey Maritime Musuem, and the Space Needle. We saw the NCL Sun, I think, docked at the Pier while walking around.

If you think the prices for hotels are high in Seattle, you wouldn't want to try to book one in Vancouver.......................

and, the dollar exchange doesn't make the difference. It's only $1.00 to $1.03 now. Plus, there are many high taxes.

Stick with Seattle............

Archived