New booking incentives

Pop Tart

Okay......so I've sifted through the threads and have realized that bookiing a cruise while on a cruise is a sensible thing to do. You can transfer you new booking to a TA, plus they might tack on some $$$ to use.

My question is - Does the $$$ seem pretty standard? For example, if it were my 2nd cruise would they throw in $200 to spend on board? If it was my 16th cruise would they offer me $300? Do they look at your spending history?

I'm just wondering how negotiable this part is? Sometimes we're just so giddy and overwhelmed while cruising that we forget that some things can be negotiated.

Just curious:)

No, this is not negotiable. They have standard amounts of OBC that are offered to everyone while booking onboard, regardless of cruising history. It depends on the number of days of the cruise you are booking.

There are, however, other perks that are offered to members of the loyalty programs at each cruise line that usually increase the more you cruise. In RCCL's C&A loyalty program there are 3 tiers, based on your number of cruises, and the perks get better in each tier. For instance, at the 2nd level,, Platinum, they offer discounts starting at $100 when you book a balcony on future cruises.

Love Crown & Anchor! :)

I've mentioned this before, but I feel it's worth mentioning again. On board Legend this summer, we booked for a 14 night on Navigator next year. We received $200 on-board credit, £200 early booking discount and $200 Platinum discount-we are in a JS next year, as we were this year. We subsequently transferred the booking to a cruise company in the UK and received a further £200 reduction!

So next year we will pay less for Navigator than we did for Legend this year:D Whilst on board Legend, I bought 8000 Benson & Hedges cigarettes, which represents a saving of around £2000. Our next cruise has practically paid for itself!

Oh! I love these boards and the advice offered by fellow cruisers!

Alan

Hmmm....our TA will send us a cheque if the cruise has gone down in price. And, we're booked for the Freedom in April - she called us to tell us that our timing was good because the price went up by $200 for our category.

So we do belong to Crown and Anchor, but I was just wondering about the negotiating part of it. I was hoping we might be able to get a little bit more for an on board credit - we may be booking a family cruise while on board Freedom. On our first cruise it was going to cost us more to book our 2nd while still on ship. Our TA was cheaper.

Grumm!! Boy did you score a great deal! Congratulations!

Yes, Heidi, you did post here. I responded to your post about RCCL automomatically reducing your price if you book directly with them. They do not. Your post was probably removed because you posted that if anyone wanted the contact info for your TA to email you. I believe that is a no-no. You may want to review the posting guidelines again.

Archived