Explorer Of The Seas 10-1-06

CLASEN

Is anyone going on this cruise? Since this is a 5-day cruise to Bermuda, will there be any lobster on this cruise? What about a midnight buffet? Are there any places to eat that are open 24 hours? For casual night in the dining room, how do men dress? Bermuda question, has anyone been to Hawkins Island, and is it worth the price? My husband wants to know if the food is any good and what kind of food is it?

Michele,

Rockaway, NJ

I have never been on a 5 night cruise but have been on the Explorer. From what I understand, every cruise has lobster night, it just varies which night it is on but will always be on a formal night. Casual night usually means slacks like dockers and a button up shirt. Jacket is not required but jeans are discouraged.

I cannot help you with Bermuda as I have not been there yet. Enjoy your cruise ! Go to the roll calls for the Explorer and see if anyone there can help you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=215834

Is anyone going on this cruise? Since this is a 5-day cruise to Bermuda, will there be any lobster on this cruise? What about a midnight buffet? Are there any places to eat that are open 24 hours? For casual night in the dining room, how do men dress? Bermuda question, has anyone been to Hawkins Island, and is it worth the price? My husband wants to know if the food is any good and what kind of food is it?

Michele,

Rockaway, NJ

Leaving for this cruise in 5 days,

Lobster night is wednesday

Formal night is monday

Casual nights in the dining room for men are docker type pants and a collared polo shirt. NO shorts, NO jeans.

As far as the food here is the menu for the 5 day

Sunday

Starters: Onion tart, Tomato soup, Chicken soup, Melon & Mango fruit plate, watermelon soup, seafood tapenade.

Entrees: Prime Rib, Atlantic Cod, NY Steak, Veggie Quesadilla, Pasta, Stuffed Chicken, Grilled Chicken, Shrimp Ravioli.

Desserts: Ivory chocolate fondue with berries, Apple Pie a la mode, Savarin

Monday ~ Formal Night

Starters: orange carpaccio, Shrimp cocktail, escargot, lobster bisque, oxtail broth, Golden Pear soup, Caesar salad.

Entrees: Filet of beef, Mushroom Linguini Alfredo, Sea Bass, Roast Duck, eggplant with mozzarella.

Linguini with marinara sauce, Salmon, Grilled Chicken and Top Sirloin.

Dessert : Grand Marnier soufflé, Cherries Jubilee, Double strawberry cheesecake

Tuesday ~ Caribbean night

Starters: tropical fruit plate, seafood salad, veggie spring rolls, crab/shrimp bisque, pepperpot soup, bananarama soup, cedar key salad

Entrees: Pan seared snapper, Seafood Penne, Jerk Chicken, Vegetarian Bami Goreng

Desserts: Bananas foster, Rain forest cake, Banana Cream Pie and Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee crème brulee

Wednesday

Starters: Peach soup, Cream of Asparagus soup, Fresh pineapple.

Entrees: BBQ Thai style chicken, prime rib, Fisherman’s platter (lobster and shrimp!) Fried tofu

Dessert: platter with flourless chocolate cake, passion fruit cheesecake

Thursday feast of nations.

Starters: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Shrimp cocktail, spinach-sweet potato dip, onion soup, chilled berries in buttermilk soup and Caesar salad for the table.

Entrees: Vodka and salmon cream pasta, Roast Turkey, NY Strip steak, Mahi Mahi tempura.

Desserts: key lime pie, banana parfait, brownie mudslide sundae.

You can also go to Portofino's specialty restaurant which there is a 20$pp charge for.

There is a midnight buffet on Day 4!

HOpe this helps

Sue

Michele,

Rockaway, NJ

Hi Michele,

If you go on the roll call for OCt 1 Explorer of the Seas...you will find alot of info about our cruise. My family and I are on deck 7. You will see everyones post on the roll call. With room numbers and children that are sailing. Hope to see you onboard!

Nivea

:)

The Promenade Cafe is open 24 hours and serves Pizza, sandwiches, cookies, cakes, coffee, etc. Also, room service is available 24 hours.

To answer the pool slide question (even though it was addressed to Sue L. :D) the only slide that the ship has is in the kids pool in back of the ship by Adventure Ocean.

Hope this helps! Enjoy the Explorer - I know I did (twice)!

Thank you everyone for your replies, they were helpful. A note to Sue L. where did you get that menu from? One more question, is there a pool slide on the Explorer?

Thanks again,

Michele

A previous cruiser supplied us with it on our roll call.

Hello Sue L,

Just wondering where we could obtain the menu for the GOS sailing Oct 13, 2006. It would be nice to check it out beforehand. Thanks for any help you can give and have a nice day.

Diana

You might want to google it, we got the above one from a previous cruiser on the Explorer. Sorry can't help. Maybe someone on your roll call has it.

Thank you so much for the menu for the Explorer:) . I leave on Oct. 29 so I assume it will be the same menu for out 5 night. Is the buffet on the EXplorer like most buffets with a selection of meats, pasta and salads?

I let you know when I get back , this is my 10th cruise, but my first RCCL and I plan to post a review.

Archived