Ferry to Klein Bonaire?

dinobja

There's a water taxi that runs regularly from the main pier over to Klein Bonaire. I'd say it comes and goes every hour or so. I can't recall the cost, but it wasn't much. There are no provisions on KB so bring your own. There's some good snorkeling there too, although it drops off pretty fast so you have to dive down to see things.

I did all my diving off a boat but most of the island was a great shore diving spot. Check with a diving guide book or a current issue of a dive magazine for suggestions.

Your old pal,

Joe

Is there an independent ferry to Klien Bonaire or do I have to use the ship's excursion? Also where is the best "walk into the water" snorkeling on the island? Thanks.

There is a taxi the goes there couple times a day.

Bonaire is a place where you can snorkel anywhere and it is great. Leave the ship turn right and go down by the Dive Inn. Free shore and lots to see.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Bonaire is a place where you can snorkel anywhere and it is great. Leave the ship turn right and go down by the Dive Inn. Free shore and lots to see.

Bob

Do you or anyone out there know what the cost is to take the water taxi to Klein Bonaire?

thank you

• 2 years later...

I took the ship tour on the CB for $29. This also included an alcoholic punch or fruit punch. Beverages were not available for people ferrying over on their own. They did have snorkle equipment for rent but I brought my own. Since we were only in port for half a day I felt the ship tour was a good value. Either way, walk far to the left when you get off the ferry and drift snorkle back. Wear a snorkle vest if not comfortable in deep water as the shore drops off pretty quickly and that is where all the great fish are. Water shoes should be worn if not wearing fins.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob

Do you mean the DIVI Flamingo resort?

Thank you.

I took the ship tour on the CB for $29. This also included an alcoholic punch or fruit punch. Beverages were not available for people ferrying over on their own. They did have snorkle equipment for rent but I brought my own. Since we were only in port for half a day I felt the ship tour was a good value. Either way, walk far to the left when you get off the ferry and drift snorkle back. Wear a snorkle vest if not comfortable in deep water as the shore drops off pretty quickly and that is where all the great fish are. Water shoes should be worn if not wearing fins.

What is a snorkle vest? Perhaps I should get one for my kids.

A snorkel vest is a flat piece of inflatable denier material that fits over your head and covers your chest with a crotch and waist strap. You have the ability to leave it unflated during calm water. It has a mouth piece connected to it that you blow into to inflate the vest if waters become ruff or you need stability. It is not a life saving devise. You can also deflate it easily from the mouth piece so you can dive down. I would recommend it for children or adults that need assurance incase they tire or waters become ruff. You can purchase them on the internet or at a local dive shop. $30.00 and up.

Archived