A little off topic, but please read anyway.

RhodeIslandHopper

I think this was an excellant post. I too am afraid to post sometimes for fear of being bashed. Sometimes a simple question will start a rucus, and the OP really had a question that they wanted answered. Why cant people just answer questions if they are lucky and experienced enough to do so, and not get personal? This board has been invaluable to me. I enjoy reading other peoples questions and comments so I can learn all I can about cruising. I will be on my 12th cruise next month and I still learn so much here. Please play nice........

Stefani

I could not agree more with you. I posted my previous bad experience with Carnival on their site and out of 95 replys, 89 were attacks at me for posting my bad experience. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced what I did and Boy, was I sorry I posted my thread. There replys were very hurtful and personal attacks. I have decided just not to go to that site. I have found Princess site to be very helpful and pleasant. I will be sailing for the first time with Princess next Sept. and truly looking forward to an amazing cruise with amazing people.

I love this post because we are all being so nice to each other and I bet it doesn't hurt a bit. I came to these boards for information on my cruises and have gotten so many great and helpful hints.Most people who respond to a question are genuinely helpful and very kind to share their experiences,some good and some bad.That's how we learn. I believe people on the whole who are not nice and nasty may be just having a bad day and have to vent anonymously so this is a good place to do that.Just take it with a grain of salt and ignore. These boards are so popular because generally we really do like to help each other have great cruises:)

My children are much more computer savy than I am. Daughter, who is a teacher, tells me that on every board there are people lurking who just like to make trouble and say outrageous things to get attention. They are known as "trolls". She says "Don't feed the troll" is a well known phrase that means just ignore the negative poster. Interesting.:rolleyes:

Daughter, who is a teacher, tells me that on every board there are people lurking who just like to make trouble and say outrageous things to get attention. They are known as "trolls". She says "Don't feed the troll" is a well known phrase that means just ignore the negative poster. Interesting.:rolleyes:

Ah yes - the infamous troll. There is one on these boards who

has managed to get whole threads pulled after she stirred things up. As your daughter says "don't feed the troll". Also, as the moderator reminds us on another e-mail list I belong to when things start to get a bit out of hand: "Let's everybody play nice".:)

Dan

Archived