***Live from the Pacific Princess***

T&J

Just got back from a late dinner....didn't get out of the Dinning Room until well past 10:30pm tonight. I had a grilled chicken salad and the Prime Rib which was huge and cooked Med-Rare to perfection. For dessert I had the apple cheesecake and Banana Fudge ice cream which was very tasty.

I am so looking forward to these next 3 days at sea consecutively. Will be nice to maybe sleep in until 6:30am...HA! and have some lazy days at sea.

Currently we are sailing in pirate alley. Basically in the Malaca Straights the ship is sailing at full throtle 18 knots with all the lights on and a 24 hour watch from the stern and the bow for pirates.

The seas are very calm and only a slight vibration is felt on the ship.

More to follow tomorrow morning from the Pacific Princess somewhere at sea in the Malaca Straights off of Malaysia.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Good Morning from the Pacific Princess...

We'll woke up at 6:00am so kinda slept in a little for me. The seas are very clam this morning, however teh skies are currently a little overcast. The weather forecast is calling for cloudy skies today and a chance of rain possibly.

It is very quiet this morning and the clocks went back one hour last night so I pressume people are still sleeping right now. There is loads of activities today onboard. Trivia at 11:15am and the Maitre'd wine tasting club at 3:00pm in the Club Restaurant and of course the "Office" will be open all day as well.

Going for breakfast in 30 minutes time and then put out some laundry and then who knows what?

Three glorious days at sea for us utnil we get into Madras, India (Chennai).

More to follow later this morning from the Pacific Princess.

Tony

Good morning Tony (yours), except that it's evening here. We just got back from dinner; yours probably more interesting. Chinese chicken salad for me, mahi sandwich for Milt, and lots of coffee for both of us. We just started thinking about packing for next week's mini cruise. No comforter, but maybe a pillow. :)

Enjoy the sea days; we love them too.

Arlene

Good morning Tony (yours), except that it's evening here. We just got back from dinner; yours probably more interesting. Chinese chicken salad for me, mahi sandwich for Milt, and lots of coffee for both of us. We just started thinking about packing for next week's mini cruise. No comforter, but maybe a pillow. :)

Enjoy the sea days; we love them too.

Arlene

What!...you'll be travelling without a comforter?...Ican't believe it!Tony

Got back from breakfast and had some fresh squeezed OJ, espresso and pancakes this morning....was pretty good and the service was great as always.You should see the line up here in the Internet Cafe...7 people waiting so I won't be surfing here too long.Going to go and stroll the "Estate" downstairs and see what's happening onboard and if there's a sign of life!The weather has cleared up considerably so far. It's nice and warm outside with a gentle breeze and the clouds are starting to clear away if you want to check it out on the cruise cam. we have reduced our speed as well as of 9:00am for some reason?More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.Tony

One little oversight on my part...if you are following the news we have a major tropical Cyclone developping in the Bay of Bengal which is where we are headed directly which has all the makings of a Super Typhoon in the making. Does this sound familiar?...another Typhoon we would outrun again on this ship?...what is it with Typhoons and ME?Anyways I will keep you all posted as we are heading into that direction and the monsoons are very heavy in the lower parts of India at this time of year as well as they extend all the way until Sept 30th for the rainy season in South India.More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.Tony

BILL: Are you in Florida or Carolina? Where in Delray do you live when you do live here?

Arlene

Arlene,

I'm in Cold burr North Minn, right now.:( Been with my Mom since March(Only Son) she is Gone now 8/25, wrapping things up :( Tropic Isle Condo between Fed & Intra coastal at C-15 Boca Line & (you & Milt)?

Will be back in Carolina 10/1 b/4 going to Delray to See my Sons b/4

Our Mini Panama Cruises 10/23. Condo is being sold, been in So Fla 35

Years, Moving full time to New home in Carolinas.:)

Where are you & Milt going on your mini cruise?:confused:

My Best! Bill

OK off to lunch now and then Maitre'd wine tasting at 3:00pm in the Club Restaurant and then maybe the "Office" for a quick pit stop and make some $$$ before the evening.Weather has completely cleared up now and it's hot and sunny...many people by the pool today as well.More to follow later this afternoon from the Pacific Princess.Tony

Just got back from the Wine Tasting and it was funny and good fun as always. Lunch today, I had a farfalle with fresh tomato sauce and meatballs and a chicken salad in a tortilla bowl with spicy ranch dressing and macadamian ice cream. The ship is moving at a good clip and we do have slight swells currently and some white caps as we are sailing towards India. The weather is partly cloudy and hot and humid and some people are taking advantage of teh good weather by the pool.Going to go for dinner tonight in the bistro at 9:00pm just for a change of pace instead of the dinning room as always.More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.Tony

FYI...a lot of disgruntled and angry people in this internet room! Seems like tha maintenance of the machines or lack there of has had a lot of people complain at the Pursers desk...I am glad that finally other people are going down there and not me for a change to complain on how this room is poorly maintained. Tony

Arlene,

I'm in Cold burr North Minn, right now.:( Been with my Mom since March(Only Son) she is Gone now 8/25, wrapping things up :( Tropic Isle Condo between Fed & Intra coastal at C-15 Boca Line & (you & Milt)?

Will be back in Carolina 10/1 b/4 going to Delray to See my Sons b/4

Our Mini Panama Cruises 10/23. Condo is being sold, been in So Fla 35

Years, Moving full time to New home in Carolinas.:)

Where are you & Milt going on your mini cruise?:confused:

My Best! Bill

OMG, I can't even say the word Minnesota w/o feeling chilled. Sorry about your loss.

We live in Valencia Lakes, Hagen Ranch Rd. just south of BB Blvd. Our new home in Valencia Pointe is only one mile down the road, off of Woolbright. Will still live in "old" house until new one sells.

Mini cruise is out of Tampa on Carnival Inspiration; Monday 9/25 until Saturday 9/30. Spur of the moment; cheap cheap cheap.

Arlene

FYI...a lot of disgruntled and angry people in this internet room! Seems like tha maintenance of the machines or lack there of has had a lot of people complain at the Pursers desk...I am glad that finally other people are going down there and not me for a change to complain on how this room is poorly maintained. Tony

So what else is new? They didn't maintain in 2004, they didn't maintain in 2005, so what makes you think they'd maintain in 2006? The one way to beat the odds is to post like you do; off hours. See ya..........

Arlene

One little oversight on my part...if you are following the news we have a major tropical Cyclone developping in the Bay of Bengal which is where we are headed directly which has all the makings of a Super Typhoon in the making. Does this sound familiar?...another Typhoon we would outrun again on this ship?...what is it with Typhoons and ME?Anyways I will keep you all posted as we are heading into that direction and the monsoons are very heavy in the lower parts of India at this time of year as well as they extend all the way until Sept 30th for the rainy season in South India.More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.Tony

Why does trouble , drama and storms always follow us ? lol :p

So what else is new? They didn't maintain in 2004, they didn't maintain in 2005, so what makes you think they'd maintain in 2006? The one way to beat the odds is to post like you do; off hours. See ya..........

Arlene

We'll you'd think 3 years later they would learn huh?

Tony

Reference typhoons - yes, they can be scary.

On little Golden Odyssey (a 10,000 tonner), 11-86, in the China Sea, we were trying to outrun one. We had green water over the bridge, screws out of the water, and the inclinometer was pegged several times. Very rough 24 hrs. Lots of sick passengers and crew on that trip.

Went through many typhoons, in the Army on Okinawa in the 50s. They are scary on land too.

Archived